Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Yi anyone?

If our S&T goes through with Seattle this may work.

Since Mo Williams is considering signing with Miami, they will now have enough money to sign a big time FA without his caphold.

If the issue with Yi doesn't workout, why not S&T Darko to Mil for Yi? Since they're under the cap, they don't have to match the salary and we get back a trade exception to use. We can sweeten the deal as needed.

Jameer

JJ

Lewis

Yi

Dwight

If our S&T goes through with Seattle this may work.

Since Mo Williams is considering signing with Miami, they will now have enough money to sign a big time FA without his caphold.

If the issue with Yi doesn't workout, why not S&T Darko to Mil for Yi? Since they're under the cap, they don't have to match the salary and we get back a trade exception to use. We can sweeten the deal as needed.

Jameer

JJ

Lewis

Yi

Dwight

Aren't him and his agent looking for an area that's more diverse (in terms of Asian population)?

How does Orlando fare in that category? Yi would be a great fit along with Dwight. Highly unlikely, however.

Well, in times like these, all you can do is believe in Otis. I definitely trust him.

I'm a little worried that Memphis may just sign Darko for the MLE or another team might and that Darko walks - we really need to do a S&T if we lose him, but I don't think another team will offer him more - I guess we could go 10.5% higher, but will we?

I'd hate to see him go, but I would be ok if we were to lose him in trade - how about Darko for Artest if we are going to lose Darko anyway? We still maybe able to trade Hedo for a young big man?

But, with all that said I think I'd like to keep Darko - he has big upside and if it is not realized he'll still be solid. He can shoot, dribble, pass, defend and he'll be so much better under SVG.

His comments about wanting the offense to go through him - I don't buy it - I do buy that he wants to start and have plays drawn up for him and for him to be a legitimate option - which he should be - but we had brain dead Brian Hill - that maybe our only hope of keeping Darko - that BHill made him look bad.

It is tough to play for an idiot like BHill.

I don't see this happening at all. The reason why Yi won't play for the Bucks is because of the small Chinese population in Milwaukee, and I really doubt the Chinese population is larger than the one in Milwaukee.

chinese/asian population in Orlando is far greater than mil. that being said, i feel this a dead issue because mo will be back with the bucks.

He's already stringing up a perception of self worth and I don't like that. But I'd believe that his agents are the ones hurting this guys respect. I'd have no doubt that he'd be happy to play anywhere, but those around think otherwise.

quote:
He's already stringing up a perception of self worth and I don't like that. But I'd believe that his agents are the ones hurting this guys respect. I'd have no doubt that he'd be happy to play anywhere, but those around think otherwise.

Its not him, its the Chinese government. And really, Yi can play, so I don't see any reason why the Chinese government should prevent this. Obviously, the Chinese government would like to see more people support Yi.