Sign in to follow this  
~O~

The Unaffected Players Should Start

The entire launching lineup is exhausted from the season turmoil that has passed and I anticipate the whole Orlando Magic Forum feels the similar way.

Starting Line

PG-Travis Diener

SG-JJ Redick

SF-Trevor Ariza

PF- *Darko Milicic

C -Dwight Howard

Second Line

1G-Keyon Dooling

2G-Keith Bogans

3G-Hedo Turkoglu

4F-Pat Garrity/James Augustine

5C-Darko Milicic

I have to give Pat Garrity some credit! Hes the only player that gave a **** about last night and was willing to thrust someones a$$$!!!! At least he could make a three unlike the sorry excuse for a lineup we have.

Darko Milicic is very effective but I would give Augustine the start to make Darko grit his teeth so that he can score those 2ft layups that shouldn't be a problem for a man his size.

Like everyone says, Hedo is best fitted to come off the bench!

I know there are many of you who hate Dooling just because he takes J.J. minutes but I think he should his position, PG; the people that usually handle the ball aren't getting it done and I've seen Keyon play point against us when he was on Miami and he killed us.

Keith Bogans is right where we need him. You can't say nothing about that.

I don't give a care how unexperienced Augustine is. He is in the NBA isn't he? The chap threw up all-star numbers in the D-League but we have yet to see if James can do that in the association.

Nobody should question why Diener and Redick should start, NOBODY!

The following starters are unaffected by Brian Hills coaching and are mentally stable to play. They weren't on the floor that much to experience the blowouts losses, the embarrassments, the Magic Killers, and the frustration of coaching decision that often. Thats why I think the Unaffected players should start.

*Since so many people want Darko to be a starter who misses gimme layups, I might as well edit this post. He Should play 35 minutes at the most and play with Augustine who will be at the 5 while he is at the 4.

The entire launching lineup is exhausted from the season turmoil that has passed and I anticipate the whole Orlando Magic Forum feels the similar way.

Starting Line

PG-Travis Diener

SG-JJ Redick

SF-Trevor Ariza

PF- *Darko Milicic

C -Dwight Howard

Second Line

1G-Keyon Dooling

2G-Keith Bogans

3G-Hedo Turkoglu

5C-Darko Milicic

I have to give Pat Garrity some credit! Hes the only player that gave a **** about last night and was willing to thrust someones a$$$!!!! At least he could make a three unlike the sorry excuse for a lineup we have.

Darko Milicic is very effective but I would give Augustine the start to make Darko grit his teeth so that he can score those 2ft layups that shouldn't be a problem for a man his size.

Like everyone says, Hedo is best fitted to come off the bench!

I know there are many of you who hate Dooling just because he takes J.J. minutes but I think he should his position, PG; the people that usually handle the ball aren't getting it done and I've seen Keyon play point against us when he was on Miami and he killed us.

Keith Bogans is right where we need him. You can't say nothing about that.

I don't give a care how unexperienced Augustine is. He is in the NBA isn't he? The chap threw up all-star numbers in the D-League but we have yet to see if James can do that in the association.

The following starters are unaffected by Brian Hills coaching and are mentally stable to play. They weren't on the floor that much to experience the blowouts losses, the embarrassments, the Magic Killers, and the frustration of coaching decision that often. Thats why I think the Unaffected players should start.

*Since so many people want Darko to be a starter who misses gimme layups, I might as well edit this post. He Should play 35 minutes at the most and play with Augustine who will be at the 5 while he is at the 4.

Replace Garrity with Bo, and I think you're way off about Augie.. I mean he's a 2nd round pick after all, and not to say he can never be a starter but how about some baby steps here. I think he could be an effective backup. Say what you want about Darko, but I don't think he's playing horrible enough to be off the bench behind James Augustine.

But overall I agree with your "unaffected" point.

ODub my friend, I think you are a genius with this post. I agree that James needs baby steps, but he has not been mentally screwed by Napolean so I say give it a shot!

Jameer/Diener/Arroyo

JJ/GHill/Bogans or Dooling

Hedo/Ariza

Darko/Bo

Dwight/Battie

If Jameer is still joking his arse off...Not playing any defense after today's article, then Diener starts the next game.

GHill? He should no longer start. I don't know why after one game coming off the bench, he was inserted into the starting lineup. Hes not that good anymore and on top of that, hes playing hurt (what else is new). Start JJ. I mean hes the prototype SG that we need for what we are trying to accomplish. We drafted him for that reason...PLAY THE FREAKING MAN.

Hedo played with a lot heart last night so I'm cool with him in the lineup. I actually think him and JJ would compliment each other.

Darko should continue to start. BHill just needs to let him shoot some from the field. Hes not Shaq. Hes Darko. Play him like Dirk. Play him like Yao. Sure, he can mix it up with some low post game but lets get his strengths going again.

To me, we have nothing to lose. Starting Augustine is what I would doubt but on the other hand, removing Darko Milicic from the starting roster would discourage him...........

The fact that Augustine has played 2 whole games this year might be the ultimate screwing.

Wait a minute.......I'm one of the people who wanted Darko to start......

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Starting Line

PG-Travis Diener

SG-JJ Redick

SF-Trevor Ariza

PF- *Darko Milicic

C -Dwight Howard

Second Line

1G-Keyon Dooling

2G-Keith Bogans

3G-Hedo Turkoglu

5C-Darko Milicic

sorry, but i do...

i mean i like them both but i can't see them start together. let's say diener starts at the 1 and bogans at the 2, with jameer and jj backing them up. or let ariza play the 2, hedo the 3 (to get some trade value for the offseason). grant hill shouldn't start anymore, he should be a backup.

dooling should definitly go back to 1 and he should NEVER play SG again.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

The fact that Augustine has played 2 whole games this year might be the ultimate screwing.

No way should Augustine be starting but, I don't get why he hasn't gotten any burn. We've been short on bigs, he's basically an energy guy so how could he really hurt us in short spells? We could use a hustle guy to go after boards and loose balls.

I may not agree with every idea of the OP, although I do feel strongly that Diener and JJ should get a lot more playing time, preferably together. But overall, I agree with the OP's general premise. For gosh sakes, play the guys who want to play, and bench the ones who aren't playing hard, are injured, or are just playing horribly. How could such an approach lead to any worse results than we're getting now?

Hill is "thinking" about making personnel adjustments now? After all this time he's "thinking" about it? Do we have to be completely out of the playoffs before he adjusts his approach to who gets playing time?