Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

To each their own, JJ is a 6th man. Below average defender, overrated shooter (36% from 3 last year) and doesn't create his own shot. He's not a starter, at least not on a championship team like the Clippers claim to be.

There you have it. I love jj too and he's probably going to do well on the clippers. Having 2 6th man players doesn't exactly seem right to me. If I've already got one I want someone who can play some d. AA is a better starter and JJ is just adding unnecessary offense to a team that could use some more wing defense. Especially with bledsoe now gone. Not going crazy about him and saying he's a huge impact but either but, just sayin. JJ has slumped a bit unfortunately, so idk, that's just how I see it.

• Upvote 1

Wishful thinking here....

3 team trade

Orlando-Utah-Golden State

Orlando gets: Millsap, Thompson, Biedrens, R. Jefferson

Utah gets: Afflalo, Harkless, Nelson

Golden State gets: (2) 2015 1st rd picks (each from Orlando & Utah)

Why?

• Upvote 2

3 team trade

Warriors are not letting Thompson go anywhere.

I really hope Howard to the Warriors is not true. I've become a semi fan of them since their 2006-2007 team beat the Mavericks in the playoffs.

Also, if Howard could make it to the finals with Lewis, Nelson and Turk draining 3's--I'd imagine he would share similar success with Curry, Thompson, Barnes and Jack. That team could be scary good, especially if they hold on to Lee. Yikes.

There you have it. I love jj too and he's probably going to do well on the clippers. Having 2 6th man players doesn't exactly seem right to me. If I've already got one I want someone who can play some d. AA is a better starter and JJ is just adding unnecessary offense to a team that could use some more wing defense. Especially with bledsoe now gone. Not going crazy about him and saying he's a huge impact but either but, just sayin. JJ has slumped a bit unfortunately, so idk, that's just how I see it.

From my enemy to my bestie lol

Are you serious? Take on a $9M contract for a 1st round pick that will probably be in the 20's?

I'm assuming Bie has an expiring contract? Or close to it?

Are you serious? Take on a $9M contract for a 1st round pick that will probably be in the 20's?

A 9 million expiring contract, yes

And that pick in the 20s would be in the most talented draft since 2003.

Dont get it what is the aim?

Are we trying to draft our whole team from the 2014 draft. How many do we have currently?

Exactly. This is the last year of his contract and the Magic have the ability to take on the salary for this season. Getting GSW's 1st round pick in the 2014 draft would be a sweet outcome. Article on Bierdins' deal: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/andris-biedrins-not-opt-9-million-contract-2013-013412234.html

Dont get it what is the aim?

Are we trying to draft our whole team from the 2014 draft. How many do we have currently?

For 2014, the Magic have their own pick and a 1st round pick from Denver.

"Denver will convey to Orlando the less favorable of Denver's 2014 1st round pick and New York's 2014 1st round pick" http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Our TPE is expiring, there couldn't be a more perfect scenario to use it and in the process GAIN more assets. Hell, I would do something like Biedrins+Rush for 2014/2016 firsts. I dont know if we can take Jefferson? Throw them back Davis idc.

3 team trade

Don't like that at all