Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1660129-every-nba-teams-most-likely-2013-free-agent-signing/page/23

I do not want the magic to go after Brandon Jennings. He is a pure gunner.

Jennings is a very talented player. He's got scoring ability amongst the top ten PGs, he's got really good play making ability, though his assists are middle of the starting PGs and behind Jameer. I'm still not convinced about his defense from what I've watched, and like you say, he's a gunner. When you consider the deal he will want I'd rather let him go elsewhere and keep Nelson and draft Nelson's replacement. For me Jennings isn't worth the money he'd want.

Jennings is a very talented player. He's got scoring ability amongst the top ten PGs, he's got really good play making ability, though his assists are middle of the starting PGs and behind Jameer. I'm still not convinced about his defense from what I've watched, and like you say, he's a gunner. When you consider the deal he will want I'd rather let him go elsewhere and keep Nelson and draft Nelson's replacement. For me Jennings isn't worth the money he'd want.

Have you seen Jennings play?

I would pass on Jennings for many reasons. His own fans hate him. Guy is a bulk shooter and is about "me" only. Not the kind of guys Henny is building this franchise around.

Have you seen Jennings play?

Yes, I've seen him about a dozen times this season. Like I said he's a very talented player, and if we got him I'd like that, but he has a few flaws that need ironing out if he's to become an lite point guard like CP3 or Tony Parker. Now that's what I have seen when I watched him, you might view him differently.

Yikes, George Karl not getting an extension and not returning next year. What is wrong with the Nuggets?

I can only assume they thought Iggy was the superstar to put them over the hump (lol). Granted, they were playing very well despite injuries. I just can't imagine who they want instead.

It might have something to do with the Nuggets GM leaving for Toronto also. Either way the Nuggets are crazy. To think, George Karl just won coach of the year and is now going to be out of a job is mind blowing. Also I can't believe the Grizzlies are seriously thinking about not bringing back Lionel Hollins.

I wouldn't be totally against Jennings for the right price and depending what we do in the draft.

I would and more importantly I'm fairly confident Henny would too. It'll never happen

I would and more importantly I'm fairly confident Henny would too. It'll never happen

I agree.. Henny wont try to get Jennings. There are many point guards in this upcoming draft and they're cheaper.

I agree.. Henny wont try to get Jennings. There are many point guards in this upcoming draft and they're cheaper.

Not to mention Jennings needs to accept his role as an elite 6th man on a championship team. His game is chaotic scoring in bunches. You need a backup plan for when his shot doesn't fall.

It might have something to do with the Nuggets GM leaving for Toronto also. Either way the Nuggets are crazy. To think, George Karl just won coach of the year and is now going to be out of a job is mind blowing. Also I can't believe the Grizzlies are seriously thinking about not bringing back Lionel Hollins.

Excellent head coach in regular season, only missed the play offs twice in twenty five years as an NBA head coach. He's also got 21 winning seasons, 1 .500 record and only 3 losing. In regular season he certainly does get his teams to the post season, the issue though is his tactics tend to be somewhat lacking in the post season and has gone out in the first round quite a lot.

I think he'll be a decent hire for the Clippers or Nets. But I wonder if he'll follow the Nuggets GM to the Raptors?