Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Just for you, Berto.

Sidenote: I find it hilarious that murphy13 is DEEPLY OFFENDED that people thought his trade idea, as he initially presented it, was terrible. Despite that, he's now changed what his original proposal was supposed to be.

Twice.

You are about as delusional as king joffrey, DOM...that jpeg of him is very appropriate for you. The math wouldn't work on the proposal w/out Harrington, so there would be zero changes, much less two. You're going to have to work harder to offend me, for starters you can come up with accurate statements in bolded-red replies instead of fallacies. You are great at twisting words to get the meaning you want, but it doesn't really fly. It can be entertaining however, keep it up.

How much longer do we have to deal the D12 exemption? Id hate to see it expire like another unmentionable gm did(you see I have improved). It would be nice to parlay it into a high lotto pick like the Cavs did. God knows this team needs all the assets it can get before Wiggins shows up.

How much longer do we have to deal the D12 exemption? Id hate to see it expire like another unmentionable gm did(you see I have improved). It would be nice to parlay it into a high lotto pick like the Cavs did. God knows this team needs all the assets it can get before Wiggins shows up.

I don't know what we could do with the TPE at this point, since no one at this stage in the season will likely give up their 2014 pick, but the exception for Dwight expires 8/10 I believe. The Ayon exception (1.5mil) expires 2/21 or something.

I don't know what we could do with the TPE at this point, since no one at this stage in the season will likely give up their 2014 pick, but the exception for Dwight expires 8/10 I believe. The Ayon exception (1.5mil) expires 2/21 or something.

Trade it for a player with a bad contract and a 2014 draft pick?

The point I was failing to make I guess is that gms aren't going to be likely to give up a 2014 pick before 8/20. The way Rob would be most likely to take on a bad contract is if it was for indeed one year-to save 2014/15 cap space. I don't think gms will give up a decent 2014 draft pick just for one year of cap savings since the only ones to benefit from that would be those looking to lower their lux tax obligation, or those looking to make a splash in FA. Both those times have passed for this upcoming year already. Basically it should have happened already if it were to happen.

There are few impact players available on the market where the exception could be used in a package deal. To go that route would show Rob is more inclined to build through FA and a decent draft spot in '14 instead of all out tanking for '14. It would be nice for discussion purposes with a month to go before it expires, but there are enough people on here more interested in squashing conversation than eliciting it to put much effort into that.

Don't we have a decent sized TPE from the Ryan Anderson trade too?

According to the ESPN Trade Machine we do not - not sure if we used it or if it expired? We do have a $3.2M exception from the McRoberts trade to Charlotte, as well as the Ayon and Howard exceptions.

Don't we have a decent sized TPE from the Ryan Anderson trade too?

According to the ESPN Trade Machine we do not - not sure if we used it or if it expired? We do have a $3.2M exception from the McRoberts trade to Charlotte, as well as the Ayon and Howard exceptions.

The Anderson trade TPE would have expired before anything could be done with it so we recycled it so to speak in the McRoberts trade. We used the Anderson TPE to absorb Warrick from Charlotte, they then had enough room to absorb McBob's contract outright which created another $3.2M TPE for us.

Murphy13, you have stunned me with your inane posts for years now.

If we traded a 2014 draft pick at all, I would climb to the top of the plaza and jump all the way down while firing off uzis in the general direction of Rob's office.

• Upvote 2