Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Dwight supposedly is thinking about leaving that money on the table. Makes you wonder if that would be the case if we didn't trade him, but I'm glad we just moved on and aren't on edge about this crap anymore.

I think Dwight would rather win a title over money and I would not blame Dwight for leaving since the Lakers are old as dirt and are not winning a championship anytime soon

@ESPNNBA: On @SportsCenter, @Chris_Broussard reports Dwight Howard has had a change of heart, is now 50-50 on decision to leave Lakers

I hate Dwight, but Chris Broussard is the devil. According to sources of course

Houston needs to pull their offer and move on. This guy is a world class bafoon. Why he pays HWNSNBU a penny is beyond me. If this is Fegans doing then he should be fired...if its not then Dwight isnt following his advice which questions why he should be paying him anyway. He needs to pull his ears real real hard until he hears the pop...which means he has finally pulled his head out of his arse.

As a side note...I hope Lakers fans enjoy their slice of humble pie. I think every exec in the league not part of the "chosen" teams is secretly loving the Lakers getting the hose job.

Dwight's twitter:

Dwight Howard @DwightHoward I've decided to become a member of the Houston Rockets. I feel its the best place for me and I am excited (cont

P.S. Chris B is such a douche, worst sports journalist ever.

P.S.S Maybe not EVER, but pretty close.

Houston needs to pull their offer and move on. This guy is a world class bafoon. Why he pays HWNSNBU a penny is beyond me. If this is Fegans doing then he should be fired...if its not then Dwight isnt following his advice which questions why he should be paying him anyway. He needs to pull his ears real real hard until he hears the pop...which means he has finally pulled his head out of his arse. Mark my words...this fiasco is getting worse before it ends.

lol c'mon, even you have to admit the media and twitter are full of people jumping on this thing for instant recognition and gratification.

TBH as a non-participant in this episode, this whole circus was pretty entertaining.

As a side note...I hope Lakers fans enjoy their slice of humble pie. I think every exec in the league not part of the "chosen" teams is secretly loving the Lakers getting the hose job.

absolutely. I love how they are all saying they are better off without him.

A short quote from a Lakers board poster, "now we've lost him and we dont even have anything to show for the trade. Not even Earl Clark"...blah ha ha haha....I always new a day like this would come. It brings the SAC as much joy as the dismissal of Brian Hill but not nearly the same happiness as the firing of Otis the worlds worst gm Smith. I think Im going to tell them at least they still have Chris Duhon...wait a few minutes...and then say you dont even have him, but you do have his salary for another year! I will sleep with a smile from ear to ear. In fact I may not sleep at all.

God help Kevin McHale. He has 4 years to teach him one of his zillion post moves which if he somehow does will bring Dwight up to two.

I can look into the crystal ball and see a newspaper headline about two months into the Rockets season saying, "Houston we have a problem"....yes they surely do.

• Upvote 1

O.J. Mayo to the bucks per Woj:

http://sports.yahoo....-185938771.html

Free agent guard O.J. Mayo has agreed to a three-year, $24 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Paul Milsap to ATL:

The Hawks agreed to terms with free agent Paul Millsap late Friday night, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

The deal for the 6-foot-8 power forward will be for two years and $19 million, according to a person familiar with the situation.

http://probasketball...partner=ya5nbcs

@ESPNNBA: On @SportsCenter, @Chris_Broussard reports Dwight Howard has had a change of heart, is now 50-50 on decision to leave Lakers

Wow, haha, he has to be the most dramatic male athlete of all time.

Edit: Never mind. Just saw Howard"s twitter.

O.J. Mayo to the bucks per Woj:

http://sports.yahoo....-185938771.html

Free agent guard O.J. Mayo has agreed to a three-year, $24 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Paul Milsap to ATL:

The Hawks agreed to terms with free agent Paul Millsap late Friday night, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

The deal for the 6-foot-8 power forward will be for two years and $19 million, according to a person familiar with the situation.

http://probasketball...partner=ya5nbcs

Poor Horford, he is still going to have to play out of position. I'm not sure what OJ is thinking, he is going to put up numbers and they are going to really suck.

Poor Horford, he is still going to have to play out of position. I'm not sure what OJ is thinking, he is going to put up numbers and they are going to really suck.

Good pick up by atlanta for us. Improves our chances for top 3 pick.

I am thinking this is exactly where OJ wants to be. I think he wants to be the "guy" on a team rather than be in a winning environment.

This is an amazing NBA summer. Very entertaining with huge market teams falling on their faces (e.g. Lakers, Mavs, and even Celtics). Love it!!!

So what are the best deals for AA and Baby???