Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I am a little surprised about them not re upping Jones.

He was decent enough for a minimum guy at the end of the bench. Only thing I can think of is they are doing him a favor since our perimeter minutes our pretty much committed to others.

I really think this team is just time and a super star away from being in complete beast mode. Hark, Harris, Dipo, Lamb, Drew, Vuc, O'Quinn, and Nelson will all be on the team going forward. If we could get a pg or pf, and another 2014 1st for BBD and AA, then we could have all the assets we need to be great. I just wanna skip ahead to this time next year lol

We need to get one of two things:

1. A young PG to groom

or

2. A capable back-up PG

Jameer's history and position make him the leader of this team. However, when the little guy got hurt last year, our team suffered... until Beno get here. For our young guys to develop, they need someone who can consistently get them the ball and run an offense. Assuming Jameer gets hurt again this year, which he seems to do quite often, who will fill his shoes? (And Moore is not the answer, imho).

What would everyone think about trading AA to the grizzlies for Tony Wroten and a 2014 1st? It would give them a shooter that they really need, and us a pg to let work under nelson plus a pick in next years loaded draft. I dont see this happening or anything but it just something to think about.

What would everyone think about trading AA to the grizzlies for Tony Wroten and a 2014 1st? It would give them a shooter that they really need, and us a pg to let work under nelson plus a pick in next years loaded draft. I dont see this happening or anything but it just something to think about.

Yes, that's the kind of trade I'm thinking.

Do you really think he was resigned because he's bad? There are plenty of players in the league we can tank with if that's the goal. Heck, let's just let Turk run point all season.

DOM was right. He is better than a lot of twelfth men, and much cheaper. I don't understand the previous point about him hurting the team when he comes in because the twelfth guy on the roster is usually only in during blowouts. The point is he can step in if there's an injury and be an extra body in practice. The twelfth guy on the roster isn't there to win games for the team.

He didn't start as twelfth, he played his way down to that position. Why don't we try to find someone who might have some upside? As you say, there are plenty of players to be had inexpensively.

And he didn't only play during garbage time.

Yes, that's the kind of trade I'm thinking.

It would make to much sense for it to happen. I just don't see AA in our future plans

We can do better, IMO. I don't think Wroten is a prospect worth grooming.

I like what your idea is, but I'm not sure about this specific example because that pick would be in the 20s, especially if you add AA to the Grizzlies mix.