Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Only if youre Otis Smith. Elsewhere wouldnt you just love to be Otis' son Gilbert this year or next sitting home and raking in another 25 million bucks for doing absolutely and positively nothing. Sign me up to be Otis' next son.

conned like eddy murphy in trading places.

How about this trade?

Orlando trades Moore, AA and Baby

Minnesota trades Ridnour, Lee and Williams

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=oosw2g2

We dump serious salaries and open up PT for the young guns. Plus, we get a still young Williams. MN goes to win now mode by adding a starting SG in AA and great back-up big in Baby. Doubt MN has the marbles to do it, but I think it's a win-win for both teams.

• Upvote 1

How about this trade?

Orlando trades Moore, AA and Baby

Minnesota trades Ridnour, Lee and Williams

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=oosw2g2

We dump serious salaries and open up PT for the young guns. Plus, we get a still young Williams. MN goes to win now mode by adding a starting SG in AA and great back-up big in Baby. Doubt MN has the marbles to do it, but I think it's a win-win for both teams.

I like it a lot, I'd even flip our picks (#2 and #9) if necessary

I like it a lot, I'd even flip our picks (#2 and #9) if necessary

I wouldn't do all of that to get THAT trade. Williams will never live up to the #2 overall pick and the other two are marginal NBA players. I wouldn't trade down to make that happen. There are other ways to shed salary.

Yeah, I'm not super high on Williams, though he's an asset. I actually believe Harris is a better player. I wouldn't trade out picks with them.

Vinny Del Negro can't catch a break. Out as Clippers coach after winning 56 games this season. :svgsad:/>

He deserved it. Terrible coach. The Clippers half court offense was "Chris Paul, you go make something happen" (or a Jamal Crawford iso). If you win 56 games in the season but get bumped from the playoffs in the 1st round your season means nothing.

He deserved it. Terrible coach. The Clippers half court offense was "Chris Paul, you go make something happen" (or a Jamal Crawford iso). If you win 56 games in the season but get bumped from the playoffs in the 1st round your season means nothing.

Half agree with this. His a pretty bad coach but I actually think thats the teams best options, Chris Paul's pick and rolls and Crawford's iso, I actually don't think Blake Griffin's capable enough for an offense to be run through him.

Half agree with this. His a pretty bad coach but I actually think thats the teams best options, Chris Paul's pick and rolls and Crawford's iso, I actually don't think Blake Griffin's capable enough for an offense to be run through him.

They ran into a tough team in the playoffs and got bounced. It happens. I think that their expectations were to high coming into the season and he did the best he could with a flawed roster. Is he the best coach out there? No, but he isn't a bad option with the coaching market as dry as it is right now.

I agree to an extent in that getting dump out of the play offs is not a good thing at all. However, the team progressed every year from 32-50, to 40-26, and to 56-26 and won their first division championship this year. So in regular season he did help take the team forwards and help them become competitive. The issue is in the play offs, so perhaps he is not the right man to lead them forwards not that he has got them to that level, but it is a somewhat harsh conclusion that he is a terrible head coach. I think a few teams would consider him.

I wonder if the Clippers would tempt SVG to consider returning to coaching this season...