Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Ariza or JJ; who wouldn't you mind losing? {poll}

Ariza - very athletic SF with tremendous potential. Our best perimeter defender and a complimentary rebounder next to Dwight. His game is improving. However, SF with min. ball handling skills and can't shoot are easier to come by.

JJ - Great shooter with HIGH basketball IQ. Will keep defenses honest (even with Shard in the game). Not the most athletic but he can hold his own.

Ariza - very athletic SF with tremendous potential. Our best perimeter defender and a complimentary rebounder next to Dwight. His game is improving. However, SF with min. ball handling skills and can't shoot are easier to come by.

JJ - Great shooter with HIGH basketball IQ. Will keep defenses honest (even with Shard in the game). Not the most athletic but he can hold his own.

I consider both to be part of our future success. I vote for neither. Not even hypothetically.

quote:
I consider both to be part of our future success. I vote for neither. Not even hypothetically.

Totally agree: I don't think we should lose either of these guys if we can at all avoid it.

i voted for ariza, i agree he has great potential and showed great strides this past season. having said that, i like the potential of jj a little more. that and we need people at sg more than sf.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

Agree.

Seeing as this is hypothetical.... considering that I would rather ditch Carlos, Garrity, and Battie on them.... I would have to say Trevor... his defense is the only sticking point.. but with Hedo and Shard at forward, I'm not so sure we wouldnt be overloaded at their position. With Trevor needing a new contract next summer, I think he would mbe more desirable to the Sonics in a Salary dump, which is what I think they are looking for. Any way you look at it, we will have the forward spot covered..so even if they wanted Hedo, I wouldnt flinch, but I think he brings more to the table currently than Ariza will bring any time soon, hes still developing and immediate needs may take precedence....

I still would like to try to find another way..option four, to get the S/T done..again CA, Garrity, and pick or Battie....the only problem I see with geting rid of Battie is if Darko def. not comin back, then we are SUPA-THIN up front... atleast Tony is just an over paid warm body... IMHO his veteran leadership, output and everything about his game is suspect, I always hear all this crap about TB being a decent piece...I contest hes just a piece...of crap.

I'm surprised so many people would be willing to get rid of Ariza. Really, all he needs is a jumpshot, and he's a star. Besides, who's going to stop Lebron when he comes to town? If we want to win the East, we'll have to slow down "King" James.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I'm surprised so many people would be willing to get rid of Ariza. Really, all he needs is a jumpshot, and he's a star. Besides, who's going to stop Lebron when he comes to town? If we want to win the East, we'll have to slow down "King" James.

well d-bo, like i said, his D is the one thing that makes me hesitant, and Im hoping all this is really just a hypothetical question. WE NEED to get Darko on the phone, see if we can even repair this relationship...If we cant...then we dont need to feel as much pressure to get a sign and trade done, although it would be helpful to in ditching some monies that we will need to go after other pieces...

its just a ****ed if you do, ****ed if you dont situation if you ask me...

thats why I have been sitting back taking it all in, but no commenting lately.... I'll save my wrath/praise/questioning/b!tching/trust/confidense..etc.. for when all the smoke clears..Its really still to early to say where I am going to fall on my feelings about how we did this summer until It becomes reality, rather than wild speculation and rumor