Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

More Darko news from MC

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by RodMC:

quote:
The truth is the Magic have several deals on the table that will allow them to free up enough cash and give Darko a deal for what they think he is worth. Which would equate to roughly $8 annual average over a 5 year deal.

I'm thinking @ 8 mil per year, we could go after Mikki Moore AND/OR possibly Pietrus, instead of giving that kind of money to Darko.

I'll pay Darko 8 mil before I spenda nickel on Mikki Moore.

I'm not a big fan of Moore either. He made a living last year hitting wide open shots thanks to Kidd and Carter. He really isn't big or strong enough to play the power forward in most systems.

I'd go after Darko and Gerla dWallace and sign one of them. Thats how you do it. This long winded post by MC is filled with obvious things and is also sprinkled with his made up "insider info" yet again.

Cornstein is Darko's agent...maybe one of MC's sources could tell him that. And he was not going to sabatoge a thing..he just wanted 10 mill a year starting..and we all knew that days ago.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

quote:
The truth is the Magic have several deals on the table that will allow them to free up enough cash and give Darko a deal for what they think he is worth. Which would equate to roughly $8 annual average over a 5 year deal.

I'm thinking @ 8 mil per year, we could go after Mikki Moore AND/OR possibly Pietrus, instead of giving that kind of money to Darko.

I'll pay Darko 8 mil before I spenda nickel on Mikki Moore.

I'm not a big fan of Moore either. He made a living last year hitting wide open shots thanks to Kidd and Carter. He really isn't big or strong enough to play the power forward in most systems.

EXACTLY my point!! That's the kind of shots he could make for the Magic when Dwight and/or Rashard is double-teamed.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

More smoke and mirrors from MC. No doubt some will lap it up but you don't pull a QO because an agent is asking too much money. We pulled this three days into free agency. You let the agent see there is no market at 10 million then if he doesn't budge by next week you can rescind. The pull was to make sure we could sign Rashard even if we couldn't get any other moves done.

Second I call it bogus to claim that an agent is going to risk his commission and his client just to get back at Otis. Sure he was making a play for as much money. Thats what agents do but to claim he was going to string out the Magic until alot of teams which could bid would be already committed elsewhere seems highly suspect.

At any rate not liking the agent or the offer or the amount he's asking doesn't mean you can't call and have to break the rescinding by email.

He pulled the QO because cornstein (cornhole) was threatening to queer the Lewis signing, by accepting the QO before july 11.

And to the second remark, some agents do gamble on their commissions, kind of like a lawyer that never settles out of court, he is willing to loose some, in order to catch a few of the big fish.

Probably closer to the truth is that if darko isn't going to be a big fish, lets say, oh 10 mill minimum then he isn't worth the worry to old cornholieo. not saying this is true, but saying some people, do operate this way.

plain and simple: cornholio is a dum @$$. otis will handle it. emory was right, cornstein will have a hard time dealing with other GM's if he tries to sabotage teams. cant blame the guy for doing his job, but 10 mil is just outrageous. although sooner or later(hopefully sooner) it'll probably be like a much younger brad miller next to dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I'd go after Darko and Gerla dWallace and sign one of them. Thats how you do it. This long winded post by MC is filled with obvious things and is also sprinkled with his made up "insider info" yet again.

Cornstein is Darko's agent...maybe one of MC's sources could tell him that. And he was not going to sabatoge a thing..he just wanted 10 mill a year starting..and we all knew that days ago.

Hey smart guy MC reported Darko's agent's demand on July 1 at 10;42om. Here is what he said:

"Speaking of what his agent wants, I was told his agent wants a deal like Nene got last year which would average over $10 million per year. Well the Magic have news for him, no team BUT the Magic can give him that kind of deal so why bid against yourself. Also Darko has really only 1 choice, see what other teams are willing to offer and then wait on the Magic to negoiate or match the offer he signs."

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MagicConfid/messages/?msg=785.1

I challenge you to find any article in the press or otherwise that said this before MC. It was the first time I heard about it, so I want you to help me out and find a source where it was quoted about his agent's demand. I dare you.

Also while you are at it find a source where it tells us about Grant Hill expected meeting with the Magic today. That was yesterday at 8:50 pm

Oh and one more thing, MC reported the Magic expected a commitment from Lewis by the time he left town. He did this on July 2 at 12:05 pm. So while you are at it, you just find me an article spoofing MC on that too.

I really want to see the light. I want to convert to a MC non-believer. I spend too much time reading his blogs. I am asking you Magic fan to Magic fan, help me out so I can break this addiction.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Hey smart guy MC reported Darko's agent's demand on July 1 at 10;42om. Here is what he said:

"Speaking of what his agent wants, I was told his agent wants a deal like Nene got last year which would average over $10 million per year. Well the Magic have news for him, no team BUT the Magic can give him that kind of deal so why bid against yourself. Also Darko has really only 1 choice, see what other teams are willing to offer and then wait on the Magic to negoiate or match the offer he signs."

I challenge you to find any article in the press or otherwise that said this before MC. It was the first time I heard about it, so I want you to help me out and find a source where it was quoted about his agent's demand. I dare you.

Also while you are at it find a source where it tells us about Grant Hill expected meeting with the Magic today. That was yesterday at 8:50 pm

Oh and one more thing, MC reported the Magic expected a commitment from Lewis by the time he left town. He did this on July 2 at 12:05 pm. So while you are at it, you just find me an article spoofing MC on that too.

I really want to see the light. I want to convert to a MC non-believer. I spend too much time reading his blogs. I am asking you Magic fan to Magic fan, help me out so I can break this addiction.

Get off MC's Shaft!!!

What's the obsession with you guys...On the last count 20+ people on here claim to have an inside source...

Take MC's postings for what its worth, if he does have connections so what!!!....I still enjoy reading his posts....I COULD REALLY CARE LESS IF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM WAS AN "INSIDER"...

I'm not trying to impress anyone, I don't think MC is either!!!

You don't hear me rambling about connections I might have to former and current players and VP's. Why? because it doesn't matter.....I wouldn't bother them with my questions anyway. I'm not dying to be considered the NEW MAGIC INSIDER on this Forum, I just enjoy seeing what other fans have to say about my favorite team.

quote:

quote:

Mikki Moore??? Are you serious??

quote:

This is a disturbing quote. You need some kind of professional consultation dude. First off, a lot of people with access to media net (do u know what that is) knew all those things you posted. Can I post links? No..because it is media net...I doubt you know what that is, but if you really think your boy broke that story, you are insane. Also, your boy insisted we were going after VC many times, and said we would never pay attention to Gerald. Well guess who we called on day 1 of FA? Gerald.

John, I am deifnitley not trying to be an insider dude. I have said this a few times that people read these MC articles and actually believe they are true. We had guys flipping out that JJ is getting traded, and for what reason? There is no evidence of that. We had MFB screaming that Artest was coming..I simply said he was not, and I was right.

If MC posts BS and I know for a fact that it is wrong, I am going to tell you guys. Not to be an "insider", but to simply add some reality into all of the speculation posted by MC.

I told you guys NYK wanted Ron, and he would not be in Orlando because EVERYONE was flipping out over something that was going to happen. MFB flamed me and had a tantrum saying I didn't know anything, but guess what? I was dead on..I don;t see Ben apologizing or backing off..instead he continues to ride the shaft of some guy that makes up stories for attention.

Honestly, if I wanted that kind of attention., I would make my own message board and act like I was this all knowing guy...but I don't care that much. I do care about clearing up misinformation. Just go back and look through my responses to MC's posts for clear examples of this.

We were NEVER going to get an expiring from MIL...we NEVER talked to ATL about #11..thats 2 recent examples of complete misinformation by this guy.