Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

The Magic and Knicks give support for their court generals

Two underachieving organizations recently made news headlines, a contract extension for Isiah Thomas was announced, and Magic GM Otis Smith announced that Brian hill's job is safe. Both teams, looking to make a playoff push, gave public support of their court generals.

A big difference, however, exists. Several New York Knick players including Eddie Curry and Stephon Marbury (arguably the two most important pieces) gave public support of Isiah Thomas. The team supports and enjoys playing for their coach, and management finally gave Thomas their full support. Everyone in the Knicks organization is finally on the same page and the dividends could result in a playoff birth.

The Magic have a coach that management supports, but do the players agree? Brian Hill has never seen the amount of support from players that Isiah Thomas has experienced this year. Isiah is on a mission to prove everyone wrong, and he has gotten his players to believe in him, does Hill experience the same love?

To be successful in the NBA, you have to know how to build a team. I don

Two underachieving organizations recently made news headlines, a contract extension for Isiah Thomas was announced, and Magic GM Otis Smith announced that Brian hill's job is safe. Both teams, looking to make a playoff push, gave public support of their court generals.

A big difference, however, exists. Several New York Knick players including Eddie Curry and Stephon Marbury (arguably the two most important pieces) gave public support of Isiah Thomas. The team supports and enjoys playing for their coach, and management finally gave Thomas their full support. Everyone in the Knicks organization is finally on the same page and the dividends could result in a playoff birth.

The Magic have a coach that management supports, but do the players agree? Brian Hill has never seen the amount of support from players that Isiah Thomas has experienced this year. Isiah is on a mission to prove everyone wrong, and he has gotten his players to believe in him, does Hill experience the same love?

To be successful in the NBA, you have to know how to build a team. I don

I have seen players frequently in the papers or in post-game interviews giving Hill credit and props. A lot. Whether it is genuine or not is up to the viewer.

I have also heard the players give BHill much credit for a few things, here or there, small things that don't sound like much more than a fleeting moment! I don't think they hate the guy as much as they dislike his approach, sustitutions,etc. What I would really like to hear is BHill or even Otis take the responsibility for the players tunning him out. In leadership, you must be heard to be effective! At this point BHill is neither heard or effective and this is what needs to be first acknowledged and then addressed. The next step in that process is to either fix and repair Otis's creds, because he is losing confidence from the base and hardcore fans..

Part of the reason Isiah Thomas got this extension is because he got his guys to play hard. Isiah got Curry to play hard. Eddy Curry.

We have an entire team that doesn't show up some nights, and Isiah got the poster child for underachieving to play hard. Isiah sucks as a coach, GM, but even he was able to motivate his players. Does anyone still think that it isn't part of the coaches job to motivate his players.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Part of the reason Isiah Thomas got this extension is because he got his guys to play hard. Isiah got Curry to play hard. Eddy Curry.

We have an entire team that doesn't show up some nights, and Isiah got the poster child for underachieving to play hard. Isiah sucks as a coach, GM, but even he was able to motivate his players. Does anyone still think that it isn't part of the coaches job to motivate his players.

I would consider that to be 80% of the job!! It doesent matter what your selling, if no one is buying it...it's worthless!!! This is the present state of the Magic coaching scheme!!!

Sure most of you guys have seen it but I haven't during games. They don't embrace there coach with a five or a some kind of physical embrace.

Sure they'll say but do they mean it?

Great post!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Exactly.

Nice article too. I totally agree with this article.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I have seen players frequently in the papers or in post-game interviews giving Hill credit and props. A lot. Whether it is genuine or not is up to the viewer.

Even if any players give props to Hill, what's obvious is that this franchise should not be losing and the players are not responding to something.

I don't care even if his players thought he was great, neither individually or as a team are they playing to their potential here. That's a red flag that change is needed, in this team's case it's long overdue.

It's time to hire a winner if you really want a championship Otis and Co.!