Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic still haven't contacted Darko

quote:
Originally posted by Chief holmes:

fear not magic fans, for we have...................................................MILOVAN RAKOVIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_smile.gifFunny!!!

If we did trade Darko for Lewis, and then we signed Pietrus, we would have this lineup:

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Mickael Pietrus

SF - Trevor Ariza

PF - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

Compare that to the '04-05 Miami Heat roster under Stan Van Gundy:

PG - Dwyane Wade

SG - Damon Jones

SF - Eddie Jones

PF - Udonis Haslem (undersized PF)

C - Shaquille O'Neal

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

If we did trade Darko for Lewis, and then we signed Pietrus, we would have this lineup:

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Mickael Pietrus

SF - Trevor Ariza

PF - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

Compare that to the '04-05 Miami Heat roster under Stan Van Gundy:

PG - Dwyane Wade

SG - Damon Jones

SF - Eddie Jones

PF - Udonis Haslem (undersized PF)

C - Shaquille O'Neal

Yuck. Give me another PROVEN player at either PG, SG, or PF rather than Pietrus.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

whoaa, Nellie.... It's been less than 24 hours......Give it a break already.....

I didn't make the first 24 hours a big deal. Everyone else did. The media talks about 12:01 AM and teams have been calling free agents since. That's all. Our GM didn't call Darko's agent and somebody wrote an article about it.

I didn't make it a big deal. It's a big deal on its own.

No it's not..... Period.... Darko hasn't EARNED a 10 mil a year contract. If his agent and HE want that then let him GO!!!!!! He's not that good. I want him here, but not at 10 mil a year. He needs to EARN his payday. I'm SO tired of bigs getting the world handed to them on a SILVER platter. They need to earn it like everyone else.....

quote:

quote:

quote:

whoaa, Nellie.... It's been less than 24 hours......Give it a break already.....

I didn't make the first 24 hours a big deal. Everyone else did. The media talks about 12:01 AM and teams have been calling free agents since. That's all. Our GM didn't call Darko's agent and somebody wrote an article about it.

No it's not..... Period.... Darko hasn't EARNED a 10 mil a year contract. If his agent and HE want that then let him GO!!!!!! He's not that good. I want him here, but not at 10 mil a year. He needs to EARN his payday. I'm SO tired of bigs getting the world handed to them on a SILVER platter. They need to earn it like everyone else.....

That's not the point. What Darko's should earn and what he will earn is TBD. My point and the point of the thread and the point of the article is that at 12:01AM today, the game starts and calls are made. People say Seatle is posturing and they will not keep Rashard, but they are in contact already. Charlotte just got JRich so it makes sense to let Wallace go go. But read this quote.

quote:

And for the Charlotte Bobcats, the importance of those pursuits couldn

We need Darko back. If we mess this up the organization is gonna be the butt of more jokes than Paris, Lindsey and Bush combined. What is it with this organization that we cant keep free agents?? We need Darko back more than we need a Lewis or Carter. I think darko and wallace would be the best mix for this team.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Not a huge deal. You would have thought Otis would make this call but its easy for him to make up ground and ease Darko's mind. Just say "Hey we made it known to you and to everyone else we were going to keep you. We thought you understood that."

Besides, didn't we already make him an offer?

Right... just like last year when Darko was told he would be a starter this past season.

OH! I forgot Hill did make him a starter once Battie was hurt.

If Darko goes to another team the Magic will never know how dominate the Twin Towers might have really been.

quote:
Originally posted by mire:

yeah, last pick in the draft that even I in serbian don't know about

hell of a player ; - )

LMAO, you've never heard of him Mire? We will never see this guy in a Magic uniform.

I'm not going to overeact but I am a little concerned. Otis has said on several occasions that Darko is his top priority but he isn't exactly showing it right now. We do hold most of the cards when it comes to resigning Darko so I will be patient. I just hope that Otis clears all of this up before he alienates Darko further.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's not the point. What Darko's should earn and what he will earn is TBD. My point and the point of the thread and the point of the article is that at 12:01AM today, the game starts and calls are made. People say Seatle is posturing and they will not keep Rashard, but they are in contact already. Charlotte just got JRich so it makes sense to let Wallace go go. But read this quote.

quote:

And for the Charlotte Bobcats, the importance of those pursuits couldn