Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Heat

Anyone else still annoyed and upset over this loss? I literally can't sleep. Haven't been this upset by a loss all year. Really disgusted by the whole thing. I guess the NBA gets what they wanted though. *Drinks bottle of ZQuill*

Yes. I'm right there with ya. I made the mistake of getting into it with some Heat fans.

One idiot tried to argue with me on that Tobias "charge". He said:

If an offender knocks down a defender, it is a charge. Harris jumped straight into Battier and knocked him down with his hip. There is noting illegitimate about that.

I didn't know such stupid existed on basketball message forums. You'd think someone who takes the time the create a name and post thousands of posts about basketball would - at the very least - know some basics.

During Tobias' (the offensive player) upward motion,

549862_4989984981769_1056190459_n.jpg

Battier's (the defensive player) torso is behind the line...

480358_4989985381779_699525874_n.jpg

...moves at about the line...

59691_4989985741788_652398164_n.jpg

comes all the way forward just over the line..., and the rest is history.

A charge and a foul-out called instead of a textbook +1.

Right in front of the ref.

'Clutch lay-up'? 'Finding a way to get the W'?

:shard:/>

"That's the beauty of charges," Battier said. "It's an instinctive play. If you are good at it, you don't have to think about it."

I was watching the game with my roommate. Before those plays and at the two minute mark, I made sure..to point out to my roommate what was going to happen even though we had the lead. The refs would try to manipulate the game in order to give the Heat a chance. This was followed by..6 free throw attempts by Wade, a brick by Ray Allen, then a Brick by Lebron, then a Brick by Bosh, then a uncalled loose ball foul. Then a cheap loose ball foul on Vucevic, a cheap call to foul out Mo Harkless, and another horrible call by the ref to foul out Harris. When I use the word cheap, I translate it as...unevenly distributed amongst the teams. You've already seen the free throw differential in the game.

Honestly, this should not come to any surprise to me...or anyone here. After all...what did I post as the third post? You all have been watching the NBA for years and some of you Decades. I know you've all watched our playoff games against Detroit through consecutive season, and the legendary Eastern Conference finals. You all know whats going on. Truly, its not a *****ing conspiracy.

and....I know It disgusts your conscience when it happens right in front of your face and to players you want to succeed. We continue to support the product when the product never is allowed to give the return that is expected because its being tampered with...and yet we still hold hope and stay close to home. So I guess we have to suck it up and play another day. The NBA has an agenda to keep.

• Upvote 3

"That's the beauty of charges," Battier said. "It's an instinctive play. If you are good at it, you don't have to think about it."

Nice sig :cheers:

"That's the beauty of charges," Battier said. "It's an instinctive play. If you are good at it If you're a Heat, Celtic, or Laker player, you don't have to think about it."

Fixed it.