Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

SAC @ ORL Game thread 2/27

DeMarcus is a thug in the worst possible way. He's a prime example of the type of player Henny is NOT trying to bring to O-town.

Anyone wanna take a stab at explaining to me why when were down 30 in the fourth with 8 minuites left Affalo is still in there hoisting up shots? Maybe let Lamb or Jones play?

One last thing before I sign off: Harris should be starting over Nicholson.

No arguments here. Harris has more range, quickness, a better handle, and seemingly has the ability to match opposing 4's for strength. Backed down Patterson and Thompson multiple times. Obviously they're not the strongest at their position, but Harris has the ability to take the bigger, slower ones comfortably off the dribble. He's a nice, unique piece with a mature body and a good attitude. Really like him.

I was at the game too. It was just sad to see how terrible our defensive rotations were. The team is really lacking a veteran leadership and presence while on the court.

As stated, Vuc needs to learn interior defense. Unfortunately, he's not a bruiser, now can be jump to intimidate like Dwight did. His strengths are finnese and range on offense. Very much, he is like a Paul Gasol. I wonder if we were to get Noel we could match them together as an inside-out twin towers?

Also, Tobias has game. Only guy who was willing to drive and take contact. I loved seeing his hustle and attitude.