Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Official J.J. Redick Appreciation Thread

I'll be severely disappointed and lose a little faith in our GM. I'm trying to remain patient and optimistic blah blah blah and all that, though.

Part of it is that I really don't think that 7 or 8 million is that bad for a Redick, I'd rather have him and his contract than Afflalo's, for example. But we'll see how it all shakes out.

If you didn't jump ship after the Dwight trade then you obviously accepted we were rebuilding from foundation on up, so you"ll be okay. It's not like we were on a fast track to a championship if we kept JJ. This is how it goes. We will all miss JJ and we all miss Ryno...they are good guys, but this is how you rebuild. The teams that half ass it are the teams we don't want to be...they have no hope ever

If you didn't jump ship after the Dwight trade then you obviously accepted we were rebuilding from foundation on up, so you"ll be okay. It's not like we were on a fast track to a championship if we kept JJ. This is how it goes. We will all miss JJ and we all miss Ryno...they are good guys, but this is how you rebuild. The teams that half ass it are the teams we don't want to be...they have no hope ever

I've mostly accepted it intellectually, and even Ryan I get. I don't think this season is a fluke for J.J. as far as what he is capable of, and i really don't think that the contract he wants is a bad value for what he can provide at all. Especially not when you're talking about a guy who can pass so well and make other young guys around him better. I think that's part of my problem is I don't see why we couldn't of rebuild with him as a complimentary piece.

Like I said before, I've always thought Beno Udrih was underrated and pretty solid, and I'm trying to reserve judgment on Lamb and Harris because I don't know enough about them to be fair about it.

I've mostly accepted it intellectually, and even Ryan I get. I don't think this season is a fluke for J.J. as far as what he is capable of, and i really don't think that the contract he wants is a bad value for what he can provide at all. Especially not when you're talking about a guy who can pass so well and make other young guys around him better. I think that's part of my problem is I don't see why we couldn't of rebuild with him as a complimentary piece.

Like I said before, I've always thought Beno Udrih was underrated and pretty solid, and I'm trying to reserve judgment on Lamb and Harris because I don't know enough about them to be fair about it.

You need the foundation before for the walls and complementary pieces. Let us first get the player we are going to build upon before giving jj 7-9 mil. Especially, when we have AA for 4 years.

Sigh.

Redick is getting severely overrated now.

This, averaging 4 apg doesn't mean you are making your teammates better. JJ is a good solid role player, but we can't afford to pay him 7-9 million for another four years. That is the kind of move Otis would make and it cost us Dwight and forced us to rebuild the way we are.

I'll miss JJ. Been a fan of his for many, many years... but I've long come to terms that he needed to go as a result of this rebuilding process. We just need to get rid of Hedo now. Jameer will be here for a year or two more, then traded as an expiring I guess. But JJ I'll miss. I don't miss Dwight. I don't miss Ryan. I'll miss JJ. One of my all-time fav Magic players.

But like I said, we're in a rebuilding phase and I accept that. That said, I trust Mr. Rob Hennigan and his posse.

This, averaging 4 apg doesn't mean you are making your teammates better. JJ is a good solid role player, but we can't afford to pay him 7-9 million for another four years. That is the kind of move Otis would make and it cost us Dwight and forced us to rebuild the way we are.

I will say he helps those around him by stretching the court with shooting range and having 2 players run to him because of his shooting threat. Add in the passing and he is an impact player (to a degree; not allstar level). Saying that, I still would not give him 7-9 mil with aa on the roster for 7 per the next 4 year. He is not worth more than aa.