Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Official J.J. Redick Appreciation Thread

I figured, who else should start the topic, right?

He was the 11th pick in the 2006 Draft and few Magic players have ever sparked as much debate on the forum over the years as J.J. Redick. Few believed redick should be on the team, let alone in the rotation or as a starter in his first couple of years with the Magic. I'll never forget the night we drafted him as an admitted hardcore Duke basketball fan, I sprinted out of the front door into my front lawn, pumped my fist and hollered, believing at the time that Dwight Howard had one of the outside shooters we need to compete for a championship down the road.

He turned himself from just a sniper and "victory cigar" to a much more complete player.. better defender, better dribbler, better passer. He leaves us as one of the more complete and recognizable players in the league. Selfishly I wish he could of stayed, but he also deserves to be a part of a winning program, so I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing him the most money and wins (hopefully not at the Magic's expense) as he goes on in his career.

• Upvote 3

One of the few guys I've really seen come into the league with minimal talent and work his way to being a quality player. Good luck to him.

JJ worked hard for us here, was a great person for the community, and I loved his intensity... he will be missed! But hey, we got rid of Ish! I was hopping someone had already posted the good/bads about our new guys... guess I'll have to Google.

Redick will definitely go down as one of my top Magic players of all time. Other than Darrell Armstrong, I don't think I've seen another Magic player with the same amount of heart and hustle.

Love you, JJ. Thanks for the memories and good luck with the rest of your career. You became a total badass before our eyes.

I used to think drafting JJ would be a huge mistake. Darn did that guy prove me wrong, go get some JJ and Orlando will always welcome you home good sir.

As hard as I was on him during his first two years in the league, he quickly turned me into a fan, and more recently became my favorite player on the Magic.

When I broke the trade news to my four year old, he started crying. Needless to say, JJ's grit, determination, professionalism, and leadership through example will be missed by all.

• Upvote 2

We have to let the magic organization know that this was a horrible trade and we want JJ Redick back. If we make enough noise, they will spend the extra money to get him in free agency in the upcoming year. If you love JJ, let the magic hear you! I have been a season ticket holder for over 5 years now and this has been the most hurtful trade I have ever been apart of. How do we trade someone so good to us and our community for a bunch of no names. We have to stay loyal to good people and good players if we want the same respect (D12 & Shaq). Disappointing Rob, wake up before you loose all of your fans. Good luck JJ you deserve better than how you were treated and Orlando will always love you! There's no 4rs in Milwaukee is there? So we will see you soon.