Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

I feel like Mitchell has gotten some flack on here and out in the wild for not finishing in the playoffs but man has he been good in this series. Would love to have him on our team

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I feel like Mitchell has gotten some flack on here and out in the wild for not finishing in the playoffs but man has he been good in this series. Would love to have him on our team

Same here. He is top 10 nba player for me... OUTRAGEOUS 

7 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

He would be perfect for us.

Mitchell would be a pretty good fit with us, he is an amazing scorer and shooter and has done it from year one. The perfect piece would be a shooting point guard because Suggs deserves to be the starting shooting guard once all 3 of our core is on their second contract.

Donavan would still be a great fit if only he were a free agent this summer, because paying a 4 year free agent contract would fit in many ways. It would be before any first team nods for Suggs,Wagner or Banchero and therefore we might make the contracts all fit. If we signed him as a free agent his contract would run out right when everyone else is reaching their primes.

However, this never happens anymore. Donavan will be traded this summer, or next trade deadline. Players always do this **** to make a maximum contract with a 5 year deal, avoiding the 4 year free agency max years. If they trade him they will re-sign him to a 5 year max or max extension...whichever you want to call it. Then trade him.

This bull**** is what made trading for Lilliard,Gobert and Beal especially hard to stomach....plus giving up all the assets.

No thank you if that happens. 

Edit; This is the biggest thing i hate about the current NBA. No more real free agency because of all the bull**** stars demanding trades so they can avoid free agency.

This and old players asking for huge contracts. Back in the old days players over 30 either played for a contender for cheap or a mid to bad team for a medium sized contract.

we would be at their level with the right move next season. Ant is just 22 and he is already unstoppable. 

Paolo will also be 22 next year, hope he improves once again.

7 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

we would be at their level with the right move next season. Ant is just 22 and he is already unstoppable. 

Paolo will also be 22 next year, hope he improves once again.

Wow what a shocking series this has been. I agree I think The Ant era has arrived.  If they eliminate Denver I am rooting for Ant the rest of the way. That kid has no fear whatsoever.  

Last night going the way it did for the Nuggets is even more validation for me in being ok with us getting out in game 7 of a dogfight series in a dogfight game with this current version of our team. I think it’s better for the team long term to have that small glimpse into our current squad on the national landscape. The strengths were shown and so were the weaknesses and we don’t have to run into playing Boston on TNT, ESPN and ABC with a friendly whistle and potentially getting swept or out in 5 in a non-competitive series while all the pundits bad mouth us on national television for all the casual basketball fans to see.

I know some folks won’t agree, and it even feels strange for me to say, and while I’d do almost anything for the Magic to play year round, I’m almost happy to end this season on a cumulative high.