Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

Thread for all discussions on the playoffs and the play-ins across the league now the regular season is over. 

What are people's predictions? 

The West looks an absolute bloodbath. I'm thinking a Nuggets/Clippers WCF and a Nuggets/Celtics finals. Struggling to pick the other East finalist, Philly maybe? 

I'm not as optimist as Jay :P, but I actually like the Cavs pairing, so I'm starting to have the hope we could do it if we show the better version of us. Sometimes is better not to have expectations, but...

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Thread for all discussions on the playoffs and the play-ins across the league now the regular season is over. 

What are people's predictions? 

The West looks an absolute bloodbath. I'm thinking a Nuggets/Clippers WCF and a Nuggets/Celtics finals. Struggling to pick the other East finalist, Philly maybe? 

When I prepared and posted the 'Orlando Magic Makes The Playoffs' thread', it was intended to be the discussion thread for the playoffs. However, you just posted a 2024 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread.  I used the expression 'Celebrate!" instead of "Discuss".

But that's okay. You can lock the "Orlando Magic Makes The Playoffs" thread. Your thread actually cancels out the intended discusssion thread I started. I'm okay with that.

We can definitely beat Cleveland, and then we’ll probably either get swept or have a gentlemen’s sweep vs Boston in round 2 if we do. My prediction for the East is no drama in the play-in. 76ers win and are the 7 seed, Heat beat the Bulls to get the 8 seed. Then I’m going chaos.

Boston over Miami in 5

Orlando over Cleveland in 6

Philly over New York in 6

Indiana over Milwaukee in 7

Conference Semis

Boston over Orlando in 5

Philly over Indiana in 5

Conference Finals

Boston over Philly in 7

I don’t have the strength to do my West predictions yet lol, but I’ll get there

Zion had a great game, but story of his career where he disappears with a random tweak in a tie game when he’s needed most. He’s either too fragile or too soft to be the prince that was promised that he was supposed to be.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We have a game time! Magic vs Cavs will be the first game of the playoffs at 1 PM EST on Saturday. Let’s go!!

Oh yeah, baby. We will be there!

That Klay game (0 points, 0/10 FG, 0/6 3P in an elimination game) doesn't exactly scream "yea let's give that guy a big contract in the summmer" to me. 

Meanwhile D'Angelo Russell had 21 points, 6 assists, a steal and a block on 7/14 FG, 5/11 3P. 

Both are free agents in the summer, Russell is 6 years younger... I'm not even like super high on Russell but it seems to me whatever you're thinking about offering Klay (if you are) you should stick an extra 3-5mil a season on it and offer it Russell instead. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Klay game (0 points, 0/10 FG, 0/6 3P in an elimination game) doesn't exactly scream "yea let's give that guy a big contract in the summmer" to me. 

Meanwhile D'Angelo Russell had 21 points, 6 assists, a steal and a block on 7/14 FG, 5/11 3P. 

Both are free agents in the summer, Russell is 6 years younger... I'm not even like super high on Russell but it seems to me whatever you're thinking about offering Klay (if you are) you should stick an extra 3-5mil a season on it and offer it Russell instead. 

Even though I'd prefer to Have Murray, I would not be upset if we got Russell. We definitely need someone that can properly steer the ship until Black is ready if we want to get to the next level. I would not be excited if we signed Klay unless it was really cheap and we got a good PG as well.

9 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I want to see LeBron sent fishing!

The way that his games are officiated is a crime. Forty plus minutes zero personal fouls while he bowls over everyone in sight. 

• Upvote 1