Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

UK I agree that circumstances matter and Trae might thrive in a different system.    But would he be taking the ball out of Franz or Paolo's hands?   And would we want that?    Both of them seem best with the ball in their hands.

2 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

UK I agree that circumstances matter and Trae might thrive in a different system.    But would he be taking the ball out of Franz or Paolo's hands?   And would we want that?    Both of them seem best with the ball in their hands.

Yea. I haven't really thought it through honestly. I think Franz would be probably the best third option in basketball I don't have any worries about him because he's an awesome cutter and his shooting is trending back to good. Could Trae and Paolo play together? Do either offer enough off ball to work together? Do I trust Mosely enough as an offensive coach to make it work? I don't know. Like I said, it doesn't really matter anyway.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

We won't do it, and I don't know if I'm just in my feelings about how bad we lost to a ****ty Heat team, but a couple talking heads pitched us as a team for Trae Young, and honestly, why not?

Fultz, Jett, Gary Harris, Caleb Houstan, our 2024 pick, the Denver pick, our protected 2026 pick, the Suns pick swap for Trae Young and Garrison Matthews (we need both shooting and to fill out roster back up after trading away 4 guys)

30m in expiring salary 

2 prospects (one lottery pick rookie)

3 picks and a swap

Is that enough? Who knows. Does it matter? No I have zero belief we'd make a move like this anyway. 

Trae gets a bad rep for his play style and how small he is which is fair. But name another 25 year old who's been the best player on a conference finals team that we could even remotely be in the conversation for.

I’d do it. It’d be a fun big 3 to build around and we’d still have Suggs, Carter, Isaac and Black in the rotation. I agree it isn’t gonna happen, but man it’d be fun.

Young/Black

Suggs/Cole

Franz/Ingles

Paolo/Isaac

WCJ/Moe/Goga

21 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d do it. It’d be a fun big 3 to build around and we’d still have Suggs, Carter, Isaac and Black in the rotation. I agree it isn’t gonna happen, but man it’d be fun.

Young/Black

Suggs/Cole

Franz/Ingles

Paolo/Isaac

WCJ/Moe/Goga

Yup, lots of good, defensive role player pieces to insulate Trae. And you'd also still have a lot of assets to make other moves down the line. 

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

https://x.com/notanothermagic/status/1755252363265220804?s=46&t=O_48d3F9zIM7WbaIMp7sdQ

Bill Simmons says we should make a Godfather offer for Darius Garland

Along the same lines as the Trae thing, sure why not? Not sure about godfather, but take that offer I just pitched for Trae, throw it at Cleveland, see what happens.

The thing is Cleveland won't be going into a rebuild after trading Garland so I don't think they'd care so much about picks and prospects. They'd probably want talent which would likely mean Suggs (under the assumption we won't be trading Franz or Paolo at any cost and Cleveland are the last team to need WCJ) which is harder to swallow. 

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Along the same lines as the Trae thing, sure why not? Not sure about godfather, but take that offer I just pitched for Trae, throw it at Cleveland, see what happens.

The thing is Cleveland won't be going into a rebuild after trading Garland so I don't think they'd care so much about picks and prospects. They'd probably want talent which would likely mean Suggs (under the assumption we won't be trading Franz or Paolo at any cost and Cleveland are the last team to need WCJ) which is harder to swallow. 

I guess my only counter here would be if Cleveland wants to gain back draft capital from the Mitchell trade. They have evidence that they can be the best team in basketball without Garland

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I guess my only counter here would be if Cleveland wants to gain back draft capital from the Mitchell trade. They have evidence that they can be the best team in basketball without Garland

It's a good point, think it's just hard to sell fans on picks and prospects when you're already a top 4 seed. Unless it turns into a 3 team deal after the fact and they flip some of that stuff for like an Alex Caruso or something.

Maybe the move is Collin Sexton, feel like he’d be cheaper than Garland and Trae and he’s a better defender. He’s also probably more realistic of a target than the other two

Windhorst reporting we are active in trade talks and are looking to bolster our guard rotation. I’m hoping this is true and something actually happens! 

• Like 1