Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

3 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

That’s two game winners for him this year. Still leads the team in 3 point percentage too. 

Yeah I think Turner was musing how in the heck Alex Caruso, who is only 6’5” ended up in the post in a one on one situation with the 6’10” Banchero 

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah I think Turner was musing how in the heck Alex Caruso, who is only 6’5” ended up in the post in a one on one situation with the 6’10” Banchero 

Bad coaching by Donovan for sure. 

Good road win.

Suggs must reduce his turnovers. I don’t know if he is ever going to figure it out but he must just learn to control his pace, speed. He is sometimes plays too fast for no reason….

2 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Good road win.

Suggs must reduce his turnovers. I don’t know if he is ever going to figure it out but he must just learn to control his pace, speed. He is sometimes plays too fast for no reason….

if n when he slows down offensively he will be a top top player.. he is a winner that's for sure

Big shot by Paolo but it's a testament to how horrible our offense is that that game even got close. Should have been put to bed a lot sooner but we went ice cold in the 3rd and it cost us a big lead. 

Didn't think much to Chicago but you can bet they'll come out looking to avenge this loss next time so we need to be ready.

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Good road win.

that last TO of him was too easy. it was just his handle being loose. 

Shout out to Goga. He was great. 

Suggs is awesome. His offensive struggles are well established but on defense he's a one man wrecking crew. 

Isaac's minutes have been big for us as well. 

I struggle so much with Cole. He can do a lot of good things but he has this habit of hitting a couple of shots and then nobody but him touches the ball for the next several possessions while we find out how hot he really is. I wouldn't mind if he was more of the pull up deep threat we desperately need but he's almost always trying to get inside with his handle. 

Took us until December 7th to win our 6th game last season.

We have 9 games before we reach December 7th this season. 

I'm finding I'm super guilty of letting my heightened expectations get me down on this team (you'll note I post an essay when we lose and not quite so much when we win) so I like to keep checking this to remind myself how far we've come.

My expectations are for us to be a good team and so when we fall short of that it's frustrating but the improvement is obvious. Our defense is so vastly improved even missing Wendell. 

The challenge for Weltman and Parker now is to add legitimate shooting threats without taking away from the swarming defense Mosely has built. 

• Upvote 2

It’s great seeing the last possession, we’ll win even if paolo misses it as JI was ready to follow it up. 
paolo still left too many mins on his last shot but i’m just nitpicking. Surely he’ll improve on time management with regards to last second shot.