Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Prove it!

Hey Jay what do you think about Isaac out there alongside  Goga protecting the paint like it's nobody's bidness? That would be kinda awesome to see. It would be a block party for the ages.! Kind of a mix and match scenario. Goga is certainly a great weapon to have at your disposal in certain situations.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Hey Jay what do you think about Isaac out there alongside  Goga protecting the paint like it's nobody's bidness? That would be kinda awesome to see. It would be a block party for the ages.! Kind of a mix and match scenario. Goga is certainly a great weapon to have at your disposal in certain situations.

I'm good with J.I out there with whoever 

Goga has done exceptionally well with the opportunity he has had

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

check his performances

not rocket science 

Common Jay, you were the one that mentioned Goga was not performing on the Pacers team. I asked you to prove it. Now you want me to look it up. I only wrote my opinion, you know the "eye test".

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Common Jay, you were the one that mentioned Goga was not performing on the Pacers team. I asked you to prove it. Now you wan't me to look it up. I only wrote my opinion, you know the "eye test".

They would of kept him if he performed for them surely its not hard to see..

He was not doing the things he has for us for them... situation is everything 

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

They would of kept him if he performed for them surely its not hard to see..

He was not doing the things he has for us for them... situation is everything 

. . ."surely its not hard to see".

Huh?  

Edit: Okay, okay. So when the Magic shipped Gordon and Vuc out, does it mean they were not performing well on the Magic? If I can recall, Gordon helped the Nuggets win a championship last season.

39 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Huh?  

Edit: Okay, okay. So when the Magic shipped Gordon and Vuc out, does it mean they were not performing well on the Magic? If I can recall, Gordon helped the Nuggets win a championship last season.

we picked him from the waivers and not traded for him if I remember correctly. Gordon and Vuc were centerpiece of a trade.

29 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

we picked him from the waivers and not traded for him if I remember correctly. Gordon and Vuc were centerpiece of a trade.

To Jay--in reference to Goga. 

What Does Waive Mean In The NBA? Taking a closer look

It is important to note that players can get waived for multiple reasons. He could be on a long-term contract, isn't a good fit, or has underperformed during his tenure. It could also be due to a logjam in his position.

Link:  https://www.sportskeeda.com)>Basketball>NBA

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Huh?  

totally different scenario 

So just watched the game! Wembanyama hasn’t seen JI before and he ain’t looking forward going up against him again either.. 

JI is the best defender i have ever seen. I’d take a healthy JI over Pippen, Iggy or anybody else. never seen anybody who can guard 7.4 ft - 5.10ft players equally and insanely good. Also the help defense, the switches. It’s just crazy. 

Anybody else would have focused on playing just Wembanyama. For Isaac, Wembanyama wasn’t even a vocal point. He played everybody out there! 

The Wembanyama hype is absurd. He’s a good player. But i see why they are a bad team. It’s ridiculous how they hype Wemby up. DPY? All Star? lol. 

Let’s start with defense:

yeah he protects the rim and makes players not finish at the rim. Like i said before the game. He’s going to have a lot of blocked shots. But he is a bad overall defender who is part of their defensive problems. he’s terrible defending anywhere on the field besides the paint. The Magic went at him, went at him and went at him. PnR, PnP, he is a liability.. 

On offense he has low ball iq. Of course it’s a great skill set that he can make a three. Well Embiid, WCJ, Jokic and others are better. If i’m Pop, i’m taking the ball out of his hands and they desperately need a playmaker. Fultz for example, would do wonders for that team. They need to teach Wemby how to screen and be effective in PnR situations. 

The disrespect on Paolo by the media/NBA is real. 10 out of 10 times i’d take Paolo over Wembanyama in a draft.. 

We made rough work of that one. Bench really screwed up the big lead in the 4th. 

But ended up being a relatively comfortable win. 

Some awesome defense again.

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What’s happened to Ingles? Dude looks bad. And that lineup to end the 3rd and start the 4th was rough. 

Seems another player after the in-season injury. Sometimes look like is brain goes really too fast for his body. Hope he'll recover cause was a big part of our second unity at the start of the season.