Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

So there was so much action and big plays in the game last night …but what was y’all’s reaction to the AB undercut of Monk on the dunk ?

My son played competitively and when he saw it he started elaborating and saying that’s something you don’t do and he was going on and on …I couldn’t hear what our announcers were saying …but I cringed when I saw him fall then next the cameras were showing Monk get up and livid and was over in the Magic huddle in AB’s face …AB didn’t look confrontational at all looked like he was still trying to apologize but Monk looked like he wanted no part of it .

Anyway, lucky there wasn’t a big fight and lucky Monk wasn’t seriously hurt .

Im recording the replay of the game so I can rewatch details .

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

So there was so much action and big plays in the game last night …but what was y’all’s reaction to the AB undercut of Monk on the dunk ?

My son played competitively and when he saw it he started elaborating and saying that’s something you don’t do and he was going on and on …I couldn’t hear what our announcers were saying …but I cringed when I saw him fall then next the cameras were showing Monk get up and livid and was over in the Magic huddle in AB’s face …AB didn’t look confrontational at all looked like he was still trying to apologize but Monk looked like he wanted no part of it .

Anyway, lucky there wasn’t a big fight and lucky Monk wasn’t seriously hurt .

Im recording the replay of the game so I can rewatch details .

The scene was very unfortunate. It was a flagrant foul in my book as well. But AB didn’t mean to do harm.

Also i believe you misinterpreted the scene afterwards. Monk wasn’t confrontational as well. They both talked it out and it was quite friendly. They shaked hands. Monk knew AB didn’t mean to do harm. The scene looked like it would start into a scuffle, but i think the people around Monk and AB were doing all the “drama”

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

I wouldn't mind. He looked pretty good last season coming off the bench.

he can’t shoot and he will most definitely join a spanish team

I need to call out one more thing before i let go of the game.. 

We didn’t have too many chances to challenge the no calls. But it was absolutely terrible that we didn’t call a challenge on that offensive foul call on Banchero. That would have changed the whole dynamic.. Terrible decisions and even our commentators were in awe 

7 hours ago, Shine88 said:

I wouldn't mind. He looked pretty good last season coming off the bench.

The buyout was because he decided to end his NBA career, as he wrote today in a message. He had a few personal problems recently. I saw him playing live when he was just 14/16, and he was an absolute genius, already playing like a grown men. But even when he was at his best, shooting wasn't his best attribute, and that's what we should search in a PG.

33 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/thelando__/status/1743036909452931280?s=46

This is brutal. So many missed calls. And this is just only a glimpse. 
And imo this wasn’t even the worst officiated game against the Magic. I’ve seen worse. 

Since your link references the Sabonis call the Magic got an even bigger break at the end of the first overtime I think when Paolo clearly lost control of the ball on his own out of bounds but the refs gave the ball back to the Magic …that allowed the out of bounds play with 6 seconds left that he converted …looking at the replay showing Banchero face even he knew he was fortunate lol

And Orlandoholic thanks for your take on AB flagrant …AB did go for the ball but he also stuck his butt out intentional or not which took Monk legs out and was very dangerous play in terms of player safety …after rewatching we had lots of momentum at that time but a long stoppage to review all that …seemed the team kind of lost momentum after that play …our announcers alluded to that also .

25 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I need to call out one more thing before i let go of the game.. 

We didn’t have too many chances to challenge the no calls. But it was absolutely terrible that we didn’t call a challenge on that offensive foul call on Banchero. That would have changed the whole dynamic.. Terrible decisions and even our commentators were in awe 

We didn’t have any timeouts at that point at the end of the first OT, so even tho we technically had a challenge, we didn’t have a timeout to use to cue it.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We didn’t have any timeouts at that point at the end of the first OT, so even tho we technically had a challenge, we didn’t have a timeout to use to cue it.

oh ok, i didn’t know that! good to know and also good that i was wrong..

Thanks for correcting my mistake 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

ok, half team is injured and we are not calling up Jett Howard? 

What’s up with this? 

Was telling this couple of pages back. Queen playing over Jett says a lot. 
is he a diva or simply unplayable defense wise

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

ok, half team is injured and we are not calling up Jett Howard? 

What’s up with this? 

We're out West and Jett is in Orlando with the G league team. I think it's just that simple.  If he doesn't play in the Hawks game with all these injuries still then yea it's definitely worth asking the question.

EDIT: correction Osceola are going to Michigan to play. Jett went to college in Michigan, his dad and his brother are there, so possibly something to letting him do that. But the road trip is 2 games including Sunday so he might not be available for Sunday either. I dunno. This is kind of weird, I'm hoping this is just a "we've agreed you're mostly going to redshirt this first year" and not "he's so bad Admiral Schofield and Trevelin Queen look much better than him in practice"