Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I've got no idea what's happened to Franz' jumper but I'm getting concerned.

It’s so weird. I thought he’d be close to 40% this year. His form looks good but it does look a little flat. 

21 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Stat line outside of Paolo are horrific

Paolo legit carrying. 

Before this season I thought Paolo and Franz were neck and neck but through this first quarter of the season Paolo is clearly the #1.

Love when both Paolo and Goga stand behind a Porzingis screen and watch Derrick White take a wide open 3 and then neither of them put a body on Porzingis who gets a clear lane to the rim for a put back dunk and one. Maddening.

This is over. 

How have we not realised that no ball movement jumpers aren't good offense. They're not our game. They've never been our game. So frustrating.

• Upvote 1

I'd 100% rather see Anthony Black get on ball reps than watch this offense. Paolo got it going in the first half, the Celtics keyed in on him and we haven't adjusted or found new ways to get him open. Just watch Paolo dribble into 15 footers over and over. 

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I'd 100% rather see Anthony Black get on ball reps than watch this offense. Paolo got it going in the first half, the Celtics keyed in on him and we haven't adjusted or found new ways to get him open. Just watch Paolo dribble into 15 footers over and over. 

Yep.  Against better defensive teams we fall into the same bad habits again and again. Team ball disappears and we just over-dribble into traffic.