Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Do the Bucks even want the 2nd seed is the better question. I could see them benching guys against us just to avoid a potential matchup with Miami and force Philly to play in the play-in. The 3 seed gets to host either us or Indiana in the first round which I think a lot of teams would choose.

Could we just pay milwaukee for a chance to meet us rather than miami or sixers? I think it would be beneficial for both party. Lol

Hard to watch this team right now. The wife and I had to turn it off in the 3rd. We’re all over the place. Very bad turnovers with bad switches on defense. Really hoping we somehow rally. Hoping Paulo calls himself out to play better.

36 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Do the Bucks even want the 2nd seed is the better question. I could see them benching guys against us just to avoid a potential matchup with Miami and force Philly to play in the play-in. The 3 seed gets to host either us or Indiana in the first round which I think a lot of teams would choose.

That's a good point. The Bucks didn't play Dame tonight, in addition to Giannis. Wouldn't be surprised if Lillard sits out again on Sunday. I think the Bucks would prefer to play us. If I'm not mistaken the Pacers kind of owned the Bucks in the regular season series. The games that matter in the east all start at 1:00. There will probably be a lot of scoreboard watching and adjustments being made according to what's happening in the other games. Cavs will beat Charlotte. Pacers will beat the Hawks. The Heat will destroy the tanking Raptors again. The Knicks will knock off the Bulls. The Sixers will beat Brooklyn. Simply put, if we don't win then we drop to 8th and have to face the Heat in Miami in the first play in game. If that game is lost then we probably will be facing the Hawks in Orlando for the 8 spot. 

37 minutes ago, Time2GetSerious said:

That's a good point. The Bucks didn't play Dame tonight, in addition to Giannis. Wouldn't be surprised if Lillard sits out again on Sunday. I think the Bucks would prefer to play us. If I'm not mistaken the Pacers kind of owned the Bucks in the regular season series. The games that matter in the east all start at 1:00. There will probably be a lot of scoreboard watching and adjustments being made according to what's happening in the other games. Cavs will beat Charlotte. Pacers will beat the Hawks. The Heat will destroy the tanking Raptors again. The Knicks will knock off the Bulls. The Sixers will beat Brooklyn. Simply put, if we don't win then we drop to 8th and have to face the Heat in Miami in the first play in game. If that game is lost then we probably will be facing the Hawks in Orlando for the 8 spot. 

And to add to your last point, if we wind up 8, we get the 63 win Boston team in the first round and might as well just count 4 losses and our season being over. Sunday is like our 4th straight “most important” game of the season.. at least this one is finally back at home

The overreactions are mad hahaha

we are winning Sunday... job done

then we are winning first round series 

and the 2nd round round....

I predict we make the Eastern finals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It’s getting old but i don’t matter to call out the same mistakes all over again.. 

Not the root cause of our lost, but still an important one. Mosley doesn’t know when to effectively call timeouts. It stands out and it hurts the game. Let Philly go to a 7 point lead before calling a timeout to start the game. And the problem is that it wasn’t a fluke 7 point lead, it was that Philly was playing good and we had no answers to stop them and had no clue on offense.

What does that do? It makes the team play catchup against one of the best teams in the NBA. 

So entire first half we play catchup. We start the second half and coach let Philly go on another 7-10 point run before calling a timeout. Now we are playing catchup on a 14 point Philly lead. 

I don’t know. It’s just not for me. I watch a lot of Euroleague ball, a lot of legendary coaches. That’s a beginners mistake and usually just doesn’t happen. 

And i got news for the young team. They still don’t know what the playoffs feel like. And they only will know if Milwaukee wants them too. 

Disappointing ending to a mostly great season. Wake-up call and humbling as well. I hope management make the right conclusions and won’t be hesitant. If they had made the move at the deadline, we’d be a playoff team for sure. The move for Murray was right there. 

We could have at least added shooters to spread out the floor. Didn’t happen, so we struggle..

All the other teams had moves that helped them make a push for the playoffs. Indiana, Philly, Knicks made moves to make the playoffs and ultimately they did. Miami made a move and it got them a great push for the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

https://x.com/thehoopcentral/status/1778936690452976061?s=46

What is this about? This is just a weird way to react.

officiating was as expected very bad on us.. I skipped through some of the game. But i don’t know if we used our coaches challenge. Should have used it on the no foul on Lowry by Franz. They overturn it and we have the opportunity to make it a close game. 

Suggs also gets the tech (what a joke) and Philly has a nice cushion again..

50 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wake me up when the regular season is over. It's too hard living and dying with every win and loss. 

traumatic abit... i am coping way better than i thought i would..

CT we are gonna beat the Bucks... 

and we r going to the East finals i genuinely believe we will.