Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

46 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Would be nice if they would start missing shots.  Like, a lot of shots.  Maybe all of their shots.

That was just too funny, Crazyhorse! You are good at these one-liners.

6ucpCg.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We need to win 2 of the next 3 I think. It would take us losing out to land in the play-in, but we definitely have the schedule and injuries on the roster to do it

We need to beat the Bucks without Giannis both games no excuses... 

If we just make the play in... then its ridiculous.. successful season mmm yh... but I'd be disappointed 

28 minutes ago, Jtsaints said:

Until we really care and go after SOME offense we will never b that good

We are very good.. this summer is when the team is loaded with the snipers.. 

Jett being 1... 

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We need to beat the Bucks without Giannis both games no excuses... 

If we just make the play in... then its ridiculous.. successful season mmm yh... but I'd be disappointed 

Keep in mind that we have pretty substantial evidence that we’ll be sitting Isaac, Fultz and Harris for injury maintenance tomorrow night, and assumedly Franz will still be out.

32 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Isn’t the coach supposed to make changes in players minutes when guys don’t have it on those nights? 

To add to this, some of our players spent more time in a horizontal rather than vertical position--sometimes Mo Wagner but Suggs was laid out a lot on the floor. He had a hard time keeping himself vertical.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Keep in mind that we have pretty substantial evidence that we’ll be sitting Isaac, Fultz and Harris for injury maintenance tomorrow night, and assumedly Franz will still be out.

To be honest we are in no position to be sitting anbody tomorrow.. gonna be interesting to see.

Aslong as we finish top 4 i am fine with it

Harris is a bad version of t Ross. One good game every two weeks ain’t cutting it. Cole is exactly who he has always been. Talented but a very low ball iq, plays hero ball, and feel for the game is just bad. Surprising since his dad was a very smart player. 

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

To be honest we are in no position to be sitting anbody tomorrow.. gonna be interesting to see.

Aslong as we finish top 4 i am fine with it

I agree with you 100% on not being in a position to sit guys, but we’ve been in similar spots all year where I thought we’d bend our ways and we haven’t yet. It will be super interesting 

Mehhh, bad game tonight.. Once again, what stood out to me, is that Mosley got outcoached on the timeout game. Udoka killed us with a great feel for the game and changes he made, when he called timeouts. 

Mosley had better timing this game. I give him that. But Mosley doesn’t affect the game with in game adjustments and feel for the game. Timing is just off too many times. 

Paolo Banchero frustrates the ***** out of me. Defense fluctuates from ok to just outright terrible and he gives up so many offensive rebounds by ball watching. Then his offense is hindered by his incessant need to catch and survey every single time he touches the ball. Whenever he's quick and decisive he makes stuff happen and yet it's consistently catch, hold, dribble dribble dribble. In this game I watched him take a pull up jumper over Fred Vanvleet. A 5'11 man. Versus a 6'10 one. And he took a pull up jumper. It's just baffling. And also, please, can he stop the "aaayyy" whenever he drives the lane. It is so *****ing annoying hearing that scream and knowing he's going to be jogging back on defense looking at the refs while his teammates play defense. And honestly I think he plays incredibly selfish basketball in spurts. Even when he's assisting it sometimes feels very deliberately like he's trying to get an assist versus always making the best basketball read.

Wendell I'm so baffled by, he's been so bad this season. Couldn't make an impact as the only "big" on the floor. Barely even challenges shots at the rim. His teammates no longer seem to trust him to score offensively because nobody ever passes to him in the post even with deep position (which is not necessarily just a him issue). He doesn't really give you spacing because teams still give that jumper up to him every time. 

Has this team just decided we're not bringing Goga back? Because how does he not warrant any minutes with Wendell doing nothing and Mo Wagner playing consistently trash defense (but still giving considerably more energy and threat on offense than Wendell gave us) 

Cole did nothing. 

Markelle I find it hard to accurately judge his impact, he was good in a vacuum and he kind of has this way about him where he makes the fact that the defender sags off him into an advantage by being halfway to the rim before he sees a body. But I still think that hurts his teammates spacing as much as it doesn't necessarily hurt him as a driver. Defense and effort was good out of him though as usual. 

I am still actually very scared that this front office will run this exact team back (sans Chuma for a rookie or something). 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Paolo Banchero frustrates the ***** out of me. Defense fluctuates from ok to just outright terrible and he gives up so many offensive rebounds by ball watching. Then his offense is hindered by his incessant need to catch and survey every single time he touches the ball. Whenever he's quick and decisive he makes stuff happen and yet it's consistently catch, hold, dribble dribble dribble. In this game I watched him take a pull up jumper over Fred Vanvleet. A 5'11 man. Versus a 6'10 one. And he took a pull up jumper. It's just baffling. And also, please, can he stop the "aaayyy" whenever he drives the lane. It is so *****ing annoying hearing that scream and knowing he's going to be jogging back on defense looking at the refs while his teammates play defense. And honestly I think he plays incredibly selfish basketball in spurts. Even when he's assisting it sometimes feels very deliberately like he's trying to get an assist versus always making the best basketball read.

Wendell I'm so baffled by, he's been so bad this season. Couldn't make an impact as the only "big" on the floor. Barely even challenges shots at the rim. His teammates no longer seem to trust him to score offensively because nobody ever passes to him in the post even with deep position (which is not necessarily just a him issue). He doesn't really give you spacing because teams still give that jumper up to him every time. 

Has this team just decided we're not bringing Goga back? Because how does he not warrant any minutes with Wendell doing nothing and Mo Wagner playing consistently trash defense (but still giving considerably more energy and threat on offense than Wendell gave us) 

Cole did nothing. 

Markelle I find it hard to accurately judge his impact, he was good in a vacuum and he kind of has this way about him where he makes the fact that the defender sags off him into an advantage by being halfway to the rim before he sees a body. But I still think that hurts his teammates spacing as much as it doesn't necessarily hurt him as a driver. Defense and effort was good out of him though as usual. 

I am still actually very scared that this front office will run this exact team back (sans Chuma for a rookie or something). 

Agree about Paulo. If he’s going to lead this team, he still needs to grow as a two-way player, ball mover, and in shot selection.