Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

That sucked but we win. I'm actually thankful we're getting back on the road. 8 game home stand may have lead to some complacency. 

Can't help but feel like we're getting swept in round 1 whatever happens.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

That sucked but we win. I'm actually thankful we're getting back on the road. 8 game home stand may have lead to some complacency. 

Can't help but feel like we're getting swept in round 1 whatever happens.

I guess it’s better to be slumping now than 3 weeks from now, but yeah, I don’t have a lot of optimism on the playoff run. If we wind up in the play-in, I’m not even sure we make it past ATL or Chicago with how we’ve been playing. It was great to finally see Mose show some emotion and call out the team for poor play.

30 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I guess it’s better to be slumping now than 3 weeks from now, but yeah, I don’t have a lot of optimism on the playoff run. If we wind up in the play-in, I’m not even sure we make it past ATL or Chicago with how we’ve been playing. It was great to finally see Mose show some emotion and call out the team for poor play.

Yea my comment should have had the addendum "if we play like we've been playing recently" on the end of it. 

We've seen this team battle and win against some of the best teams in the league also. Just recent form is super disturbing. 

Hopefully Mose gets a reaction out of them tomorrow night. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m not even sure I would say we are slumping. The three losses in a row weren’t great but they were also single digit contests against decent to good teams. Admittedly I was only able to watch small parts of some of the games. Paolo has certainly been playing a notch below average tho

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I’m not even sure I would say we are slumping. The three losses in a row weren’t great but they were also single digit contests against decent to good teams. Admittedly I was only able to watch small parts of some of the games. Paolo has certainly been playing a notch below average tho

I see your point, and I think I’d argue that the offensive side of the ball has been a slumpfest for a while now. We played elite D against good offensive teams in the Warriors and Clippers, and both of those losses should have been wins if we could execute the basics like free throws and not turning the ball over. Paolo and Franz both have been well below what we need from them lately.

Since the all-star break, we’re 14-6 which is great, but if you dive into those numbers:

12-1 against teams below .500

2-5 against teams above .500

I think part of what’s happening is having such a light schedule has allowed bad habits to develop, and since we’re winning we’re getting away with it. We’ve got a pretty tough last 7 games, I’m hoping last nights close call was enough of a wake up call to turn it around and finish strong.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I see your point, and I think I’d argue that the offensive side of the ball has been a slumpfest for a while now. We played elite D against good offensive teams in the Warriors and Clippers, and both of those losses should have been wins if we could execute the basics like free throws and not turning the ball over. Paolo and Franz both have been well below what we need from them lately.

Since the all-star break, we’re 14-6 which is great, but if you dive into those numbers:

12-1 against teams below .500

2-5 against teams above .500

I think part of what’s happening is having such a light schedule has allowed bad habits to develop, and since we’re winning we’re getting away with it. We’ve got a pretty tough last 7 games, I’m hoping last nights close call was enough of a wake up call to turn it around and finish strong.

Excellent post.  

Heat beat the Knicks. Sixers get Embiid back and beat the Thunder. Cavs beat the Jazz. Bucks lose to the Wizards. New 2-8 East standings for the stretch run

Bucks 47-28

Cavs 1.5 GB

Magic 3 GB

Knicks 3 GB

Pacers 4.5 GB

Heat 5 GB

Sixers 6.5 GB

We took back the 4 seed tonight due to tiebreaker with NY, but the Heat are now only 2 games behind us for the division. We’re also only 3 games back of Milwaukee and play them twice to end the year. We have little to no room for error to avoid the play-in at this point, especially with Embiid’s return. It’s gonna be a crazy end to the year in the East.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Heat beat the Knicks. Sixers get Embiid back and beat the Thunder. Cavs beat the Jazz. Bucks lose to the Wizards. New 2-8 East standings for the stretch run

Bucks 47-28

Cavs 1.5 GB

Magic 3 GB

Knicks 3 GB

Pacers 4.5 GB

Heat 5 GB

Sixers 6.5 GB

We took back the 4 seed tonight due to tiebreaker with NY, but the Heat are now only 2 games behind us for the division. We’re also only 3 games back of Milwaukee and play them twice to end the year. We have little to no room for error to avoid the play-in at this point, especially with Embiid’s return. It’s gonna be a crazy end to the year in the East.

we have a difficult one against the pelicans who is trying to avoid 3 game skid and the paly-in. that is going to be epic. hopefully our boys are up to the task. end the season strong and treat each game like a playoff game (not sure it is good advise as our team froze on big moments)

28 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

we have a difficult one against the pelicans who is trying to avoid 3 game skid and the paly-in. that is going to be epic. hopefully our boys are up to the task. end the season strong and treat each game like a playoff game (not sure it is good advise as our team froze on big moments)

LOL. True. But honestly at the end of close games they’ve not been moving the ball well all season. 

Something Mosley mentioned in his last press conference really resonated with me.  In response to a question about turnovers, he said that when they drive into the paint and things get start to get crowded, they should not make the extra dribble and should pass the ball out sooner.  If they follow that advice at the end of close games, we will be much better off.

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

LOL. True. But honestly at the end of close games they’ve not been moving the ball well all season. 

Something Mosley mentioned in his last press conference really resonated with me.  In response to a question about turnovers, he said that when they drive into the paint and things get start to get crowded, they should not make the extra dribble and should pass the ball out sooner.  If they follow that advice at the end of close games, we will be much better off.

hopefully they listen. that is why I am on the "get an offensive asst coach" train for a while now. the team better have other option rather than paolo iso at crunch time. he's not lebron yet

4 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

The Sixers play the Heat and after that ain’t loosing another game. Their schedule is easy 

The Heat schedule is quite difficult, but they are resilient!

Pacers isn’t too easy as well. 

And we could end the season on a 3 game losing streak.. We have to win the upcoming games and hope we avoid the play in by then. 

In the Playin we have good chances to be knocked out. 

It’s just how it is. Our team is young and we tend to get nervous. Veteran teams are thriving right now

We're 3 games back of the 2 seed and we play Milwaukee twice. If we were in better form I'd be looking upwards but right now I think we're all just focused on staying out of the play in.