Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

There is nothing to take from that game except Memphis currently has about 3 real NBA players in its rotation.

https://x.com/omagichq/status/1773887005690150990?s=46

Jamahl Mosley on if he considered challenging at the end,

“I did consider it challenging. And then I looked back and realized that we had one timeout left. And if I don't win that challenge, then I don't get my time out, and we don't have time to execute it in the game play.”

I just read this. It’s about the Clippers game… I love our coach, but this is stupid 

11 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

This is just an exhibition game tbh. Memphis are full of players that is auditioning and not going to be part of their team next season. Just win but don’t take anything away from it. No false hope that “were back on track”. 
as I said before, they should still practice their FT shooting focussing on the word “FREE”. 
Also loosen up a little their muscle under pressure, when in crunch time, they suddenly forget how to play winning basketball which they are really capable. 

Very good post. 

6 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/omagichq/status/1773887005690150990?s=46

Jamahl Mosley on if he considered challenging at the end,

“I did consider it challenging. And then I looked back and realized that we had one timeout left. And if I don't win that challenge, then I don't get my time out, and we don't have time to execute it in the game play.”

I just read this. It’s about the Clippers game… I love our coach, but this is stupid 

Happened twice in the last minute where the Clippers were incorrectly awarded the ball, and he didn’t challenge either. I also think critical calls in close games like that need to be automatically reviewed in the last 2 minutes like the nfl does. Or the refs just need to be better

54 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I also think critical calls in close games like that need to be automatically reviewed in the last 2 minutes

For some reason I thought they were supposed to be and was very confused when none of them were reviewed.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

For some reason I thought they were supposed to be and was very confused when none of them were reviewed.

I think the league used to auto-review out of bounds calls in crunch time but it went away quietly a few years ago

Cavs and Knicks lose, Heat and Sixers win. It’s getting spicy…

3. Cleveland 45-30

4. New York 44-30

5. Orlando 43-31

6. Indiana 42-33

7. Miami 41-33

8. Philadelphia 40-35

We’re 2 games ahead of Miami for the division, reminder they have the tiebreaker with us. If we somehow wind up in a 3 way tie for 3rd with Cleveland and NY, we’d be the 3 seed thanks to winning the Southeast division. Gonna be a fun last 2 weeks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cavs and Knicks lose, Heat and Sixers win. It’s getting spicy…

3. Cleveland 45-30

4. New York 44-30

5. Orlando 43-31

6. Indiana 42-33

7. Miami 41-33

8. Philadelphia 40-35

We’re 2 games ahead of Miami for the division, reminder they have the tiebreaker with us. If we somehow wind up in a 3 way tie for 3rd with Cleveland and NY, we’d be the 3 seed thanks to winning the Southeast division. Gonna be a fun last 2 weeks

Thank you for putting that all together.  

this next week is important! We have to win the next three!! Have to! Blazers, Pelicans, Hornets.. 

The other teams have some tough ones ahead m. Also playing each other! So we can probably either get. cushion or we can make a push for that 3rd spot!!

Magic playing another tanking team tonight with half their players out per the injury report.  I expect another easy win.  I just hope the Magic don’t get used to this level of (non) competition.  

NBA really should do something about this.  People pay good money to go to these games.  The game last Saturday, which I attended, fortunately as a guest, was so ridiculous that most people in my suite stopped paying attention midway through the second quarter.  I left before the end of the third.  Again I didn’t pay anything to go, but would have been upset if I did.   Imagine paying big $$ for a Broadway show and having a high school acting group show up to give the performance.  

The Magic proved me wrong, I admit. Lost 3 straight games by and average of  4 points.

In these 3 losses, Paolo committed a total of 15 turnovers, good for more than a dozen points for the other teams.

Paolo owes his teammates to play better, much better.

Wish that the free agent (Klay Thompson hopefully) that we sign this year explains him how other teams play him and forced him to commit these errors.