Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

4 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

HI   was at the game tonight.   Most of folks comments are true.    Starters played well at the beginning and Markelle lit it up off the bench. I think I said this before but he needs to lead the bench unit for the rest of this year.  After that who knows.  The rest of the bench was slow tonight     and yes   Franz was bad, leading to the technical, and Evan killed us.    But we seemed in control all night.   When we started to slip, Mose made the right call and put the starters back in.    I actually love how sometimes it is the bench and sometimes the starters who carry the game.   The 3rd string looked really lost at the end, except for AB     even Caleb Houston was way off.      If it is comfortable, we should get them some time in these next 2 back to backs.

Last Comment about Markelle.  Yes, he looked really clean, no hitch, and he jump shot was right handed.  I was waiting for him to get to the line to see about the left handed stuff, but each time he was fouled it was a non shooting foul.     But, he was shooting left handed during pregame warm up and hit a 3 that way, so who knows?

anyway  thats my take, lol

Last statement is a hint to me, that Fultz might transition to left handed shooting in the coming offseason. 

Nobody would work on it pre game, if it wasn’t so. And just crazy that non of the journalists ask that question. 

The bench playing like hot garbage and allowing the Pistons to cut the 25+ point lead to 13 only for the starters to return and restore the lead in less than a minute was unbelievable really. Starting unit was awesome, Franz a little quiet again but played great defense. Bench mostly sucked except Markelle in the first half. 

Detroit's defense is bad bad. They had considerably more shot attempts than us and we still blew them out. 

Vintage Evan Fournier in Orlando, 17 points and the blow out loss. 

Let's keep going. Can't drop games now. We're 1 game back of the 4 seed and only 4.5 games back of the 3 seed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The bench playing like hot garbage and allowing the Pistons to cut the 25+ point lead to 13 only for the starters to return and restore the lead in less than a minute was unbelievable really. Starting unit was awesome, Franz a little quiet again but played great defense. Bench mostly sucked except Markelle in the first half. 

Detroit's defense is bad bad. They had considerably more shot attempts than us and we still blew them out. 

Let's keep going. Can't drop games now. We're 1 game back of the 4 seed and only 4.5 games back of the 3 seed. 

The Magic have to figure it out with Fultz leading the second unit. It changes the whole dynamic, which isn’t a bad thing in general. 

But it means less Cole and Ingles on ball. Which i prefer. But those players have to adjust and make themselves available. Nothing wrong with spotting up when Markelle is breaking down defenses. But we refused to do so and it looked like Joe and Cole were kind of looking for getting the ball in order to create. 

If the players can’t figure it out, i’d actually prefer AB and Houstan over Cole and Joe tbh.

Fultz, AB, Houstan, Isaac, Wagner. 

if Fultz can’t go, you bring back Ingles as the playmaker. 

(yeah but of course they aren’t going to bury Cole on the bench) 

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

The Magic have to figure it out with Fultz leading the second unit. It changes the whole dynamic, which isn’t a bad thing in general. 

But it means less Cole and Ingles on ball. Which i prefer. But those players have to adjust and make themselves available. Nothing wrong with spotting up when Markelle is breaking down defenses. But we refused to do so and it looked like Joe and Cole were kind of looking for getting the ball in order to create. 

If the players can’t figure it out, i’d actually prefer AB and Houstan over Cole and Joe tbh.

Fultz, AB, Houstan, Isaac, Wagner. 

if Fultz can’t go, you bring back Ingles as the playmaker. 

(yeah but of course they aren’t going to bury Cole on the bench) 

What You say is very true.    I didn't notice it with Cole as much, but ingles was waving Markelle off a few times in obvious situations,

when he should have had the ball.  If this game was not a fluke for Markelle, i agree with Your thoughts.   I'm curious to see what will happen

with Fultz on this back to back.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd love to get the #3 seed so we wouldn't have to potentially face Boston in the 2nd Round. That team looks unstoppable right now. 

The Miami Heat now have an easier remaining schedule than us. That's not ideal for us with them already having the tie breaker over us too.

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Miami Heat now have an easier remaining schedule than us. That's not ideal for us with them already having the tie breaker over us too.

Yeah, I expect the Heat to be one of the top 6. I’d be tempted to bet they finish at 3/4. I think Indiana is gonna wind up in the play-in, they’re falling off and their schedule is brutal. If Brunson’s injury is as bad as it looked the Knicks could fall to play-in range quickly, and the Embiid-less Sixers are just hard to get a read on.  We just need to take care of business and let the chips fall. I’m just excited to be playing meaningful basketball in March that isn’t related to secretly hoping we lose a close one so it doesn’t hurt us in the lottery.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I expect the Heat to be one of the top 6. I’d be tempted to bet they finish at 3/4. I think Indiana is gonna wind up in the play-in, they’re falling off and their schedule is brutal. If Brunson’s injury is as bad as it looked the Knicks could fall to play-in range quickly, and the Embiid-less Sixers are just hard to get a read on.  We just need to take care of business and let the chips fall. I’m just excited to be playing meaningful basketball in March that isn’t related to secretly hoping we lose a close one so it doesn’t hurt us in the lottery.

Honestly if the Cavs stay at 3 and the Heat get 4 I think I might prefer to be the 6 seed than the 5. 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly if the Cavs stay at 3 and the Heat get 4 I think I might prefer to be the 6 seed than the 5. 

Was literally about to post the same thing. Cleveland has come back down to Earth pretty fast post all-star break and Spo is just too good of a coach to want to deal with for a 7 game series.

Fultz is questionable for tomorrow night, listed as knee injury maintenance again. He either reaggravated something, or he’s not playing both legs of the back to back and we’re letting him play at home in front of friends and family in DC on the 2nd night and sit out Charlotte tomorrow night. My money is on the latter.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fultz is questionable for tomorrow night, listed as knee injury maintenance again. He either reaggravated something, or he’s not playing both legs of the back to back and we’re letting him play at home in front of friends and family in DC on the 2nd night and sit out Charlotte tomorrow night. My money is on the latter.

I think You are right     He looked great last night, so I think if they are protecting him still, they are letting him play in DC    If he is really hurt again, I am surprised and disappointed.