Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

4 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I’m just making sure you know all the board members want us to win. I can’t believe Fultz is out tonight btw. 

If you believe that help yourself …not me …just notice the guys that hardly post …if we start losing watch who shows up …cause I can name a few …the way the mob was at the deadline guarantee they’ll be angry how management stood idly at the deadline .

And if Fultz is hurt and missing significant time I’ll lead the mob …tired of that myself .

In the meantime …Paolo and Franz have loads of lottery talent around them …AB gets another chance tonight …I see no reason why we can’t still challenge for top 6 even without Fultz …he was starting to not finish games anyway .

Shaq lead us to the playoffs in his second season with a bunch of role playing no names …time for our dynamic duo to do the same 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So is Mitchell. Got that Indiana flu I guess 

In all seriousness, it'd suck for the league if there was a Covid outbreak amongst the all stars that participated this weekend. Would be the nail in the coffin for all star weekend as we know it based off how poorly it went.

51 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

If you believe that help yourself …not me …just notice the guys that hardly post …if we start losing watch who shows up …cause I can name a few …the way the mob was at the deadline guarantee they’ll be angry how management stood idly at the deadline .

And if Fultz is hurt and missing significant time I’ll lead the mob …tired of that myself .

In the meantime …Paolo and Franz have loads of lottery talent around them …AB gets another chance tonight …I see no reason why we can’t still challenge for top 6 even without Fultz …he was starting to not finish games anyway .

Shaq lead us to the playoffs in his second season with a bunch of role playing no names …time for our dynamic duo to do the same 

You’re delusional man and continue to push this false narrative that everyone hates Fultz and wants this team to lose. You keep throwing around the term “mob” to single out the posters on here who won’t settle for mediocrity and clearly see the limits with the roster as currently constructed. Yes that includes us sticking with Fultz as our starting pg and not addressing the glaring need we have at the position. You talk about continuity and yet Fultz can’t be relied on to stay on the floor because he’s either hurt or can’t close out games due to being a liability on the offensive end because nobody respects his shot. If you’re content with having your starting pg unavailable every year for 20+ games and in back to backs then you clearly don’t want the best product on the floor and guys who will effectively compliment Paolo and Franz’s game.

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

"Role playing no names" like Penny Hardaway, Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson.

I thought you were ignoring me and you don’t quote me anymore but clearly my posts move you lol .

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/1994.html

Look for yourself …outside of the names you listed was a pathetic roster …I just checked …Skiles was starting at PG …Hardaway didn’t start playing PG till late in the season …this roster which was loaded with role players also won 50 games … check every name if you want and see where they were drafted …I’ve also checked our current roster before not doing it again but I’m sure you’ll find quite a few lottery picks on it not counting Fults …Cole was the first pick after the lottery 

9 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

You’re delusional man and continue to push this false narrative that everyone hates Fultz and wants this team to lose. You keep throwing around the term “mob” to single out the posters on here who won’t settle for mediocrity and clearly see the limits with the roster as currently constructed. Yes that includes us sticking with Fultz as our starting pg and not addressing the glaring need we have at the position. You talk about continuity and yet Fultz can’t be relied on to stay on the floor because he’s either hurt or can’t close out games due to being a liability on the offensive end because nobody respects his shot. If you’re content with having your starting pg unavailable every year for 20+ games and in back to backs then you clearly don’t want the best product on the floor and guys who will effectively compliment Paolo and Franz’s game.

Did someone say “mob” lol …clearly management disagreed with you …and you’ll be the first one on this board bashing management if things go south …guaranteed .

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Did someone say “mob” lol …clearly management disagreed with you …and you’ll be the first one on this board bashing management if things go south …guaranteed .

No doubt about it because they would have just sat on their hands like they always do without making any meaningful changes to upgrade this roster. 

• Upvote 2

I’m starting to think that us not doing anything at the deadline was less about management going full Otis Smith and “liking this team” and more about the minimal return we could get for the assets we were dangling. The current landscape of the nba makes expirings a lot less valuable than they used to be to trade for and those were the assets we were bringing to the table.

I guarantee you our team is the least surprised of anyone that Markelle is out again, but going into an off-season where we’ll have a ton of cap space it’s important to keep up the league-wide image we have that we take care of our players.

This team has 7 lottery picks …not counting Fultz …to add, Cole was picked at 15 and Chuma at 16 …this team has talent …lots …time for everyone to step up their game and prove management faith in them to grow organically .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m starting to think that us not doing anything at the deadline was less about management going full Otis Smith and “liking this team” and more about the minimal return we could get for the assets we were dangling. The current landscape of the nba makes expirings a lot less valuable than they used to be to trade for and those were the assets we were bringing to the table.

I guarantee you our team is the least surprised of anyone that Markelle is out again, but going into an off-season where we’ll have a ton of cap space it’s important to keep up the league-wide image we have that we take care of our players.

Really good thought   something that i had not thought of.