Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

32 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

NBA Expanded Standings 2023-2024 via ESPN website. Right now the Magic have the 3rd most losses out of the 10 Eastern Conference playoff contenders. The Hawks and Bulls are the two other teams with worse records versus above .500 teams. 

Thank you again 

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

We just need an NBA level, stable, experienced all around guards, at least one. We don’t have them. All are limited in smth. One can’t shoot, another  is too small with no IQ, another can’t play PG and etc. it was a mistake not to make a trade at the dead line. We will be eliminated in play in tournament this season.

what r u on about Suggs is on our team and has improved bigtime. Suggs i gotta see in playoff situation as i believe he os a gamer

On my way home …great jersey hang ceremony with Shaq …all the players from his time here telling some priceless stories .

JI …kid was a minus 24 in just 15 minutes …never thought I’d see the day that happened …Mohs even tried that one lineup with him, Harris, Cole, Franz and his brother …all could shoot …made no difference .

But let’s blame Fultz jajaja for this one .

Tell you what …Fultz has until the end of the year to start at minimum hitting midranges again or his career may be over …We need him to do that …28 games left to play 

Edit: SGA is an absolute wrecking ball …saw an article today on insider he’s in second place for MVP …man I got a Birds Eye view of his ability …WOW 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

what r u on about Suggs is on our team and has improved bigtime. Suggs i gotta see in playoff situation as i believe he os a gamer

Yes he has improved. But still he is very raw…he can have a great game, then disappears for next 2. He has not learned yet how to control the game, pace….

3 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Yes he has improved. But still he is very raw…he can have a great game, then disappears for next 2. He has not learned yet how to control the game, pace….

He’s not a PG …we’ve tried that already …but he has improved leaps and bounds shooting the 3 and playing defense 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Because I don’t think you primarily need rebounds from your point guards.  Any rebounds are a plus but not the core of what you’re looking for.  I don’t know how many rebounds SGA had tonight nor does it really matter.  

somebody have to control those long rebounds, the more rebounds, the more possession a team have. doesn't matter where those rebounds are coming from. positionless basketball is the new norm nowadays. for example, shooting should not be blamed on guards alone. being dead last on 3pt shooting is not on fultz and AB alone.

I'm old school though on thinking that directing the flow of the game > shooting in guards position IMHO.. 

24 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

On my way home …great jersey hang ceremony with Shaq …all the players from his time here telling some priceless stories .

JI …kid was a minus 24 in just 15 minutes …never thought I’d see the day that happened …Mohs even tried that one lineup with him, Harris, Cole, Franz and his brother …all could shoot …made no difference .

But let’s blame Fultz jajaja for this one .

Tell you what …Fultz has until the end of the year to start at minimum hitting midranges again or his career may be over …We need him to do that …28 games left to play 

Edit: SGA is an absolute wrecking ball …saw an article today on insider he’s in second place for MVP …man I got a Birds Eye view of his ability …WOW 

SGA's mid range and feel for the game is really impressive. hope Paolo continue to learn similar to this guy. 

Paolo have to understand that foul baiting shouldn't always be his number 1 motive when attacking the basket. he's too good to rely mainly on those.

11 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

somebody have to control those long rebounds, the more rebounds, the more possession a team have. doesn't matter where those rebounds are coming from. positionless basketball is the new norm nowadays. for example, shooting should not be blamed on guards alone. being dead last on 3pt shooting is not on fultz and AB alone.

I'm old school though on thinking that directing the flow of the game > shooting in guards position IMHO.. 

Here’s another stat for all Jamesdin …we had 16 to’s tonight …starters had 12 …but Fultz had only 1 …but let’s blame those to’s on Fultz cause his presence creates more pressure on our young studs and he’s the cause of their to’s.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

He’s not a PG …we’ve tried that already …but he has improved leaps and bounds shooting the 3 and playing defense 

That’s what I said in my previous post. He can’t play PG. 

5 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

That’s what I said in my previous post. He can’t play PG. 

He could but that's not who we want or need him to be...

AB is the PG so to speak..

Ideally i think we want ball handling from pretty much 

1 through 4 aka PG..SG..SF..PF... 

heck even  Center probably 

We really are not for off being a championship contender... 

Having 2 Ball handling do it all 6ft 10 players is fantastic.. We just need patience and experience..

Won't lie we definitely need to make the playoffs this season its imperative 

We need win tonight vs the Knicks without a doubt.. go into allstar weekend with a win... 

Get rested and after that we make a proper run... we have a 8 game homestand coming up in March.. 

Its all in our hands and thats a good thing. sink or swim time... 

Lets do this 

Just a bad effort. Defense was non-existent and the only player who made any sort of positive impact at any point is Moe Wagner. We still have a long long way to go.