Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This has gotten out of hand, and it’s giving the mods on this board a ton of credit if we made up the Fultz trade rumors lol… I’ve waffled a bit but on Thursday I wanted Markelle dealt for an improvement, not afraid to admit it.

As a fan of a team, I obviously want to follow them and cheer for the guys we have, but I don’t want to do it blindly. Fultz plays an extremely important position on this team and while I appreciate the conversations about things Mose has changed to make him more effective, that to me shows more of the problem, we shouldn’t have to rebuild our offense to cater to a below average offensive player who isn’t our superstar, or really even in our future plans. The deadline has passed and as it gets further away the frustration of doing nothing will become less, but I’m going to continue pointing out when Kelle, or Franz, or Paolo, or Cole, or Wendell, or Jalen, I think you get my point, has a good game or a bad game. If I see stats I find interesting I’m going to share them; these can apply to the whole team and be positive or negative as well. Nobody is personally attacking Markelle Fultz. Hell; I want to be in a position where I can rave about him every night; just give me a reason to other than “he attempted two 3s last game!”

Not that the mods created the rumors obviously …but that they enhanced the pitchfork mentality …and I’m totally done with this …albeit I do think there will be people that secretly pull for the team to screw up so they can come on here when it happens and say, “I told you so” in regards to Weltham …that’s the way of the internet imo 

lol this is nuts. I’ve never seen such a thing as a fan in my existence. Well scratch that, maybe Travis Diener comes close.

Look, his name could be Bill, Mike, whatever. He’s attempted 5…FIVE… threes since October. Our offense has been at times dead last for more than one season and he’s one of the culprits as to why.

Love the guy’s ethic. Was thrilled we traded Simmons for him so he can have a chance. I would even be good with him as a backup on a cheap deal.The fact remains, we need more from that PG spot than 5 three’s in a 4 month span ON TOP of missing 10-20 games a season. Period.

If we want to build around Paolo, who’s my choice over Kelle every day of the week twice on Sunday’s, and Franz and Suggs, we simply need more. End of story. It’s not personal. It’s facts.

• Upvote 2

Yeah at this point it doesn't even matter if he plays well the rest of the season. He has had his time and his contract actually ending is a good breaking point.

Guy was a bust, you can blame the secret injury,the real injuries,the Sixers or his mother. Good guys can be busts. Markelle is like water in a desert. When you have nothing,even some stale sulphur tasting water will tase like the best you ever had. 

We do play better with Markelle because this team has lacked a good point guard since DJ left. Having a guard who doesn't turn it over and can actually dribble and pass is important.

But he really can't do anything else. He almost turned into a lethal mid range guy, but barely. He is supposed to be a good penetrator and play maker but his injures ruin this and team chemistry. If your in and out of the line-up and can't shoot your basically Ben Simmons. And Ben at least showed he had all-nba defense and passing at one time. 

To me the funniest thing is the Sixers drafted two guys at number one who can't shoot. The Magic could and should learn a lesson from all that. We have already given up the pick that was Tyrese Maxey and five years. 

i expect us to play well and will be thrilled if Markelle stays heathy the rest of the season. However, if our big summertime plan is re-signing him i will be pissed. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah at this point it doesn't even matter if he plays well the rest of the season. He has had his time and his contract actually ending is a good breaking point.

Guy was a bust, you can blame the secret injury,the real injuries,the Sixers or his mother. Good guys can be busts. Markelle is like water in a desert. When you have nothing,even some stale sulphur tasting water will tase like the best you ever had. 

We do play better with Markelle because this team has lacked a good point guard since DJ left. Having a guard who doesn't turn it over and can actually dribble and pass is important.

But he really can't do anything else. He almost turned into a lethal mid range guy, but barely. He is supposed to be a good penetrator and play maker but his injures ruin this and team chemistry. If your in and out of the line-up and can't shoot your basically Ben Simmons. And Ben at least showed he had all-nba defense and passing at one time. 

To me the funniest thing is the Sixers drafted two guys at number one who can't shoot. The Magic could and should learn a lesson from all that. We have already given up the pick that was Tyrese Maxey and five years. 

i expect us to play well and will be thrilled if Markelle stays heathy the rest of the season. However, if our big summertime plan is re-signing him i will be pissed. 

To be fair Fultz was a great shooter coming out of Washington. Not that the rest of your post is unfounded tho. What happened by the time he got to the league is one of the more bizarre mysteries I can think of. 

Big game tonight, the Bulls have been playing pretty decent ball after a slow start. Potential play-in opponent if things shape out that way, so it’ll be nice to set a tone at home. Go Magic!

When we’re bad, we’re terrible. Bulls are playing the kind of D we can expect to see in a playoff environment and the refs aren’t calling anything. Lets see what these kids are made of