Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I addressed it earlier (see first post above) but obviously medical staff has laid down some rules.  Whether this is the right approach or not remains to be seen.  Probably cost us the game tonight but maybe not playing him big minutes in a back to back will result in more future wins this season.  Hard to know.  

Yeah bruh I understand about JI lol …but I’m not gonna explain to every poster why he isn’t playing …was actually explaining it to you why we collapsed and the reason for aftermath of posters lol 

1 minute ago, Jamesdin said:

that flagrant foul killed us. not sure why they awarded them 4 FTs and possession though.it should have been 2 FTs and possession.

It also stopped some momentum that the Magic had going while still maintaining a one point lead. 

2 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

It also stopped some momentum that the Magic had going while still maintaining a one point lead. 

Exactly …but the call was correct whether was an accident or not …dude was doing some serious nose bleeding 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Exactly …but the call was correct whether was an accident or not …dude was doing some serious nose bleeding 

Agreed. Correct call for sure. Even with all of that the Magic still had a chance there on that last possession. That last shot by Franz almost went in. I was hoping that it did to have the chance to see Luka wipe that smirk off his face. You know the smirk? Lol. It's that look he always gives when he baits the refs into blowing the whistle while flopping around like a fish out of water.

3 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Agreed. Correct call for sure. Even with all of that the Magic still had a chance there on that last possession. That last shot by Franz almost went in. I was hoping that it did to have the chance to see Luka wipe that smirk off his face. You know the smirk? Lol. It's that look he always gives when he baits the refs into blowing the whistle while flopping around like a fish out of water.

Haha yep ok … great description lol

49 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

no contention on the flagrant foul. it was the right call. I was just surprise how many FTs was given + ball possession. it is usually 2 FTs.

Tough loss, as I mentioned after the Memphis game, we’re past the point of moral victories. We lost the game in the 3rd quarter with that garbage offense. Need Fultz and JI and we need a shooter at the deadline, rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Tough loss, as I mentioned after the Memphis game, we’re past the point of moral victories. We lost the game in the 3rd quarter with that garbage offense. Need Fultz and JI and we need a shooter at the deadline, rinse and repeat.

agreed.. It all comes down to the X and Os! We were clueless how to attack that zone! It is unacceptable to me, because that’s kind of the basics imo. 
We didn’t know how to deal with it, so we looked like a bad college team out there

I think I'd rather not play JI at all than disrupt all the rotations to get him an 8 minute stretch. Even though there's no doubt he was awesome in his 8 minutes. 

Our offense against the zone is ass and it's almost entirely down to the fact that we don't have the shooters to move the defense side to side. They all just camp in the middle and watch us chuck up bricks. Third quarter was rough. Nobody defends AB more than me but that was not the time to get him on ball reps, as the Mavs were making a run and we were struggling. And Paolo again just wish he wouldn't settle for the mid range so often, especially when we're struggling. Go to the hoop. 

I know we played the foul game at the end but 43 free throws for Dallas is mad. 

Best Cole game in a while. Liked his passing, didn't try to do too much on offense. 

For large stretches of the game I liked the defense on Luka, showing him different looks, trying to get him to give the ball up etc but once guys got into foul trouble we had to be a lot more conservative and he could just get to his spots. 

Joe Ingles was awful. You can't play him against a guy like Luka who'll hunt every matchup. Which means honestly you're going to struggle to play him in the playoffs. 

Tough one. It was even a good miss of the FT by Paolo at the end.

Wasn't a great night for the "AB can't shoot" crowd though. 

7 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Was that a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2? Even players and coaches seemed baffled by it.

The reason he was awarded 4 free throws to make 3 was because they called a shooting foul and a flagrant 1 on the same play. Not sure though why he was given 4 chances to make 3 as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a call like that made. He should have only had 3 chances to make 3 free throws unless refs are just making rules up on the fly now. 

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

agreed.. It all comes down to the X and Os! We were clueless how to attack that zone! It is unacceptable to me, because that’s kind of the basics imo. 
We didn’t know how to deal with it, so we looked like a bad college team out there

That’s on the coach making the right personnel adjustments and drawing up the right plays. However according to Jay you need to be able to predict the future in order to know Mosley is lacking in that area lol. If we ever get a real pg who you can rely on to make open 3’s and is not injury prone this team will take the next step. Until then performances like last night will continue to happen. Sadly I don’t see us making a trade for that pg which is going to lead to another disappointing season, hope I’m wrong though.