Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

31 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re 4-17 on the road in Memphis since the Grizzlies moved there from Vancouver… here’s to starting to reverse that trend tonight!

We surely have to. 

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Memphis has been very competitive even with their C squad 

The Orlando Magic know all about being a shorthanded squad and what it takes to win when you’re undermanned. 

Several of Orlando’s biggest wins of the season have come when it’s been plagued with injuries, including a thrilling road victory over the defending-champion Denver Nuggets. 

With that in mind, the Magic (23-21) will be ready for a hungry, but shorthanded Memphis Grizzlies squad (17-27) when the two teams go head-to-head at FedExForum on Friday at 8 p.m. ET. 

The Grizzlies are 7-5 in the month of January, despite rolling out 11 different starting lineups in those 12 games. Regardless of who’s been in and out of its rotation, Memphis has made its presence felt on the defensive end of the floor. 

The grit and grind Grizzlies have the league’s fifth best defensive rating (111.3) this month, and are generating the third-most steals (8.3) and seventh-most blocks (5.8) per game over that span. 

Offensively, Memphis is doing its damage from beyond the arc. The Grizzlies have knocked down the second-most total 3-pointers in January, drilling 185 of them. 

We’re supposedly the worst team in the league on the 2nd night of back to backs and also the worst team in the league on 3+ days rest… garbage defensive half. We need to be better from top to bottom 

I don't recognize a single player on their team other than JJJ. Idk if we just expected to waltz in and win this, but my goodness, our defense looks horrible on paper. About to watch the second half... 

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't recognize a single player on their team other than JJJ. Idk if we just expected to waltz in and win this, but my goodness, our defense looks horrible on paper. About to watch the second half... 

Luke Kennard might be the nastiest magic killer in the nba right now, but other than him, yeah your point very much still stands