Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, Jamesdin said:

We were hanging fine before the 6pt swing closing the half. A foul on dell when he pull the chair on embid then offensive foul on dell on a paolo dunk that gave momentum to sixers. 
we don’t have enough firepower ro overcome those kind of calls. Surprise challenge were not used. 

The swing happened when he put the starters back in …second team actually built a lead …but in the second half the second team sucked …like I said just a beat down in every aspect of the game 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ball junkie said:

The swing happened when he put the starters back in …second team actually built a lead …but in the second half the second team sucked …like I said just a beat down in every aspect of the game 

Not disagreeing. It was a clinic as the team don’t have answer for joel and maxey and the rotation was whack. calls didn’t help either. 
anyway, hope franz is ready next game. We would be sliding further without him. 
also paolo seems too timid on this game. His presence was not felt. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

of our 109 pts     69 were bench points

To be fair, our second unit were our starters a year ago. 

We weren’t gonna win, but the nba has a clear and obvious officiating problem. Guys like Embiid and Trae are terrible for the product. Embiid especially is frustrating because he’s unstoppable if he played the game the right way, but instead he plays a bull**** version of foul-baiting basketball and the refs award every single flop.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

of our 109 pts     69 were bench points

We’re still starting 2 of the worst players on our roster for some stupid reason 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re still starting 2 of the worst players on our roster for some stupid reason 

I’m totally confused with this. Our starters had nine total assists. That’s very bad.

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

All should be starters right f ing now. Wtf is Mosely doing? Great coach???

Not gonna argue. They lost thei slot due to injury. They should be back now that they are healthy. 

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m totally confused with this. Our starters had nine total assists. That’s very bad.

And Paolo have 6 of those. Too many unforced TO to pair with the lack of assist. 

Again frustrating game for so many reasons. We still starting 3 third stringers, despite being mostly  healthy again. I don’t care if they have a minute restriction.

WCJ can play those 26 minutes with the starters too! It’s a weird coaching decision . What did it do? 
It made Embiid feel really comfortable as he was owning Bitadze without resistance and also could rest on defense, because Bitadze ain’t doing jack s..t on offense. 

Starting the 3 stringers also have done this the past games. We always have to play catch up from the getgo. It’s just an insane decision by Mosley. 

Hes destroying two really good things that have been working for us. The Suggs and AB backcourt was really nice, especially defensively. Sometimes even special. 

Also somehow he went on to bury M.Wagner, despite Ingles, Isaac and M. Wagner dominating opponent benches. 

And if the reason is to showcase Houstan and Okeke, i ask you this. We loosing 3-4 games more to get what? A second round pick for those players? GMs are stupido around the league. 

Well and in this game, WWE refs were at it again. It’s f…. hilarious when you see a 300 pound flopster get these touch fouls. 
It’s even more worse when you decide not to challenge one of these calls, just to show those refs on tape how ridiculous they are being. 
I have a feeling the coach has the strategy to always have these coaches challenge’s available towards the end of the game. 
Well but sometimes the game goes away and then you don’t need it anymore. And sometimes it’s better to show refs early what is going on.

The staff has little feel for momentum in the game imo, slow reactions to what is happening in both rotations and also challenges …

Having said all this. We need a f… big time trade to help us, we are on track to miss the playoffs. 
This will be the fault of whole organization for being lethargic. Coaches and front office 

If I ever see that rotation again it'll be too soon. 

You can't convince me there's a good reason to start Chuma Okeke on this team. Or even play Chuma Okeke on this team. Everyone except Franz and Gary Harris is healthy now. We had a better rotation when we had more injuries!

The starters have no creator except Paolo and Paolo is far too happy to take contested mid range jumpers instead of getting to the hoop lately. 

Also Paolo's defense was laughable in that game. On two separate occasions he ran away from the guy holding the ball leaving him wide open. Baffling. 

It was a nice little run for Caleb, it's obvious there's something worth developing there but against starters when teams focus in on not allowing him to get open he's basically worthless because he can't put the ball on the floor and he can't really shoot off movement so he's basically got no way to score. When he leaves for the summer tell him not to come back until he's got a 2 dribble pull up when ran off the 3 point line and the ability to shoot running full speed off a pin down.

It's time to go back to starting WCJ, he's levels above Goga Bitadze at everything except shot blocking. 

Jalen Suggs looks way better when you give him less responsibility on offense not more. 

Also, it wasn't really why we lost but, those refs were horrible. You can't even breathe on Joel Embiid without fouling him but you can maul our guys at the rim.