Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Has to be the first time you get one prediction right! :P

We still have flaws and problems, but that group of players is really tight, until last season, we would have lost those last games by a lot, while now we just refuse to let it go, every single game, no matter who plays and who's out.

My track record is flawless this year hahaha

Franz..Gary..Ingles & Isaac..Kevon and Jett are out...

AB..Goga. WCJ & Markelle questionable for tomorrow game vs Hawks

For those who like Shaq and those who don’t. He really was happy to finally get the call. 

Side Note:  I’ve met both Shaq and Dwight personally. Shaq was as cool as they come.  Dwight was kind of a dufus. Lol

Shaq’s mom, dad and brother use to come into The Eckerd Drugs I worked at as a teenager. Couldn’t be a nicer family. 

47 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Shaq maybe the greatest guy in the world personally. But what he did to Magic fans will never be forgotten!

Couldn’t agree more Fan …but I don’t hold an emotional grudge against him …I just genuinely don’t think he deserves it …I think there’s a higher standard for that distinction …was he a great player, yes …was he a nice guy from a good family, yes …guy played 3 years in Orlando out of his 20 plus seasons …in those 3 years we made one playoff run …based on that criterion I would think lots of guys should have their jersey in a rafter somewhere …then throw in all the burning bridges he did with coaches, the city etc …and spare me the Sentinel poll ish …from the time that guy was drafted he and Armato were talking big lights, movies and commercials with large market (LA) team or teams .

I actually hope he gets booed !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m fine with Shaq getting his # retired, just wish he wasn’t the first. He was my first heartbreak as a kid, and his Magic career is best described as “what if”.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He played 4 seasons Junkie. Was an All Star every year. 

3.5 seasons …79 I’m not gonna keep repeating my reasoning cause I think I’ve elaborated in detail fairly well …if you wanna support this move go for it …I hope he gets booed …and I suspect some will and his ovation will also be a mixed bag …that guy **** on everybody on his way out all for one playoff run that ended in a sweep .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

3.5 seasons …79 I’m not gonna keep repeating my reasoning cause I think I’ve elaborated in detail fairly well …if you wanna support this move go for it …I hope he gets booed …and I suspect some will and his ovation will also be a mixed bag …that guy **** on everybody on his way out all for one playoff run that ended in a sweep .

I can’t agree more. 3.5 seasons and zero championships equals for whoever, does not merit retiring anybody’s jersey.

This is just a PR move by the lame azz owners. “Well we need to retire someone’s jersey, so he’s the biggest name so let’s make a spectacle about it”