Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Never said sky was falling. I’m saying that our management is sitting on their hands while we drop in the standings, again. Also Chuma was such a bad draft pick, yet he gets playing time, while our lottery pick gets none. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MagicMan1979 said:

Haha he can’t shoot threes at all. I’ve been a Fultz fan from the beginning of his run here. But he defiantly can’t shoot threes.  I am not a Fultz hater by any stretch. He has missed so much time in his career though right?

He’s not great at the 3 but you ignored my other points …kid handles the ball …is explosive and can get anywhere he wants to on the court .

2 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Haha he can’t shoot threes at all. I’ve been a Fultz fan from the beginning of his run here. But he defiantly can’t shoot threes.  I am not a Fultz hater by any stretch. He has missed so much time in his career though right?

Love Fultz but his 3 point stroke is broke and ain’t coming back. But he is the kind of facilitator we need. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Love Fultz but his 3 point stroke is broke and ain’t coming back. But he is the kind of facilitator we need. 

Very reasonable assessment.  His playmaking is his best attribute. 

20 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

His IQ and rim attack is the best on our guards. He’s no push over on defense as well. 
as much as i love suggs tenacity, he shoots us out of the game most of the time. He should settle for short distance shot. 

25 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Never said sky was falling. I’m saying that our management is sitting on their hands while we drop in the standings, again. Also Chuma was such a bad draft pick, yet he gets playing time, while our lottery pick gets none. 

We have a glaring weakness and stats don’t lie. We will not all of a sudden be a good shooting team w/o our FO doing something. 
on the other note, I do think suns, bench might be the worst in the league. Not sure how in todays’ nba that team can win a ship w/ that kind of bench. 3 allstars can’t play 48mins all the time

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

He’s not great at the 3 but you ignored my other points …kid handles the ball …is explosive and can get anywhere he wants to on the court .

No I agreed with your other points Junkie. I don’t hate Fultz and think he is a legit player when he is healthy. He is rarely healthy though. That’s not up for debate. Also the fit with our two stars long term could be an issue. We won’t know until he plays though. 

13-24 2022 last season at this point. 
19-13 2023 this season so far. 

Happy New Year Magic Fans!

It stinks. this game could have been an upset.

But like i said before, we will only be successful in these games if the refs let us. 90% of the calls going the Suns way. 

Looking at our own game. We need that movement shooter. We need that Riddick type player that will constantly move and make those shots. We have Suggs, Harris, Houstan out there that are waiting for the catch and shoot three. It’s not in our DNA. We need our shooters to move off the space that Paolo, Franz and the others create. This won’t develop internally. We need to get that guy in FA or trade. 

• Upvote 1

Paolo and Franz are great, never been more convinced that they're going to lead us on some deep playoff runs.

WCJ at least looked good offensively, still a little suspect on defense.

Jalen Suggs on road games versus Jalen Suggs at home is night and day. 

Way too many dumb turnovers as a team.

Also what the hell was that officiating, Paolo and Franz 2 huge dudes that live in the paint shot 5 FTs. Kevin Durant, a man happy to take jumpers over the defender on every possession shot 5 on his own. Bull**** honestly.

Thought Goga got bodied by Nurkic every time the Suns went to it. Not a good look for a guy for whom being large is an important part of the selling point.

I like Gary Harris as a person and he's still a solid bench guard defender but if he's not shooting it near 40% from 3 he's absolutely not worth a rotation spot on this team. He needs to be 3 and D not 0 and D. 

12 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He really isn’t an elite facilitator though.

I think it’s apparent we need to upgrade that PG spot.

I like Black but kid needs a few years. Fultz , we need to move on from. We need someone who can facilitate but also play off ball so Paolo/Franz can facilitate some as well as attempt and hit outside shots consistently.

We did it with Indiana, and now we're doubling down on the ill-advised move of criticizing draft decisions that are only a few months old. What could go wrong?

The Orlando Magic were right to target guards and wings with their pair of 2023 lottery picks, but early returns suggest they went with the wrong ones. Anthony Black was their pick at No. 6, and he hasn't assuaged concerns about his jumper by attempting just 1.6 treys per game. Big guards are exciting in theory, but Black doesn't have the ability to break down his man in isolation, doesn't leap out on film athletically and generally feels more like a connector than a real difference-maker.

Bilal Coulibaly was sitting right there at No. 7, but Cason Wallace (No. 10), Keyonte George (No. 16) or Brandin Podziemski (No. 19) would also have provided more of what Orlando needs. Wallace, in particular, would have been a brilliant fit. He's hitting 43.9 percent of his threes and already projects as a dynamite defender.

Then there's Jett Howard at No. 11, an even bigger reach who has appeared in only nine games and is shooting 31.3 percent from the field. Billed as a movement shooter, Howard often looks overwhelmed athletically and clearly needs more G League seasoning.

Jordan Hawkins, George, Jaime Jaquez Jr. and Podziemski all came off the board after him, and each of them would have made more sense at No. 11.

—Hughes

1. And before anybody says Junkie is on his UK kick again this is from BR …not me 

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

It stinks. this game could have been an upset.

But like i said before, we will only be successful in these games if the refs let us. 90% of the calls going the Suns way. 

Looking at our own game. We need that movement shooter. We need that Riddick type player that will constantly move and make those shots. We have Suggs, Harris, Houstan out there that are waiting for the catch and shoot three. It’s not in our DNA. We need our shooters to move off the space that Paolo, Franz and the others create. This won’t develop internally. We need to get that guy in FA or trade. 

Very winnable game.  Make two of however many open three point shots we missed in the last five minutes and we win.  Just that simple.  No need to invoke refs.  Once again our lack of clutch three point shooting did us in.