Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Love watching Goga

Me too. Natural on defense with surprisingly fast hands.  Good enough on offense, knows his role, smart passer.  

• Like 1

Our guards are holding this team back. I swear Cole and Suggs try to be so flashy for no reason. The rook is way more poise than both of them. Fultz looked good in warm-up, hopefully he's back soon. We sure need him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Phil4Real said:

Nice first half overall. I'm pretty happy with our offense, not settling for 3s and attacking the paint.

But 12 turnovers in the first half. Once again that's our biggest issue. I like the energy on defense, but we can't afford easy points coming from live-ball TOs, we already saw where they take us. 

Again we see a lot of dribbling into traffic.  Very rarely do you win 1 v 3 situations.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Phil4Real said:

Nice first half overall. I'm pretty happy with our offense, not settling for 3s and attacking the paint.

But 12 turnovers in the first half. Once again that's our biggest issue. I like the energy on defense, but we can't afford easy points coming from live-ball TOs, we already saw where they take us. 

We don’t have enough 3point shooter to negate our sloppy ball handling. We’re up bec they are shooting blanks as well. 
Our “shooters” were really cold

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Again we see a lot of dribbling into traffic.  Very rarely do you win 1 v 3 situations.  

True. We haven't much spacing either. Does not help shooting 3/13 from 3pt

We could try throw Trevelin Queen and Jett Howard to the court. But I don't think Mosley is even considering it. Caleb and Chuma are 0/6 from 3pt right now, but to be fair they play defense

7 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

We don’t have enough 3point shooter to negate our sloppy ball handling. We’re up bec they are shooting blanks as well. 
Our “shooters” were really cold

You’re not wrong.  Knicks an astonishingly bad 1-14 from three.  Change that around and it’s a different game.  Many of those misses were open shots. I’m realizing an important truth of basketball:  game is easier when the other team misses all their shots.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JJZFL said:

You’re not wrong.  Knicks an astonishingly bad 1-14 from three.  Change that around and it’s a different game.  Many of those misses were open shots

Brunson 6 pts and only 1 FG. That's not sustainable lol

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Magic playing like a team that knows a west coast trip is forthcoming and desperate for a win 

Again their absolutely horrendous shooting is making us look a lot better, just the opposite of how horrible we looked when Boston and Philly were hitting everything against us.