Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I lied in that other thread I do have thoughts. 

Don't personally think a 3 man C rotation can work. Pick 2 and go with it. 

Absolutely wild how much worse we look without 36 year old Joe Ingles playing 20 mins off the bench.

Gary Harris just be getting cardio in on offense lately. 

Next time we're getting blown out (likely tonight) we should just let Franz shoot 3s until he sees one go in. There's no way someone who's been pretty good for so long can just now be terrible. 

Without Ingles, Harris doing absolutely nothing and Franz jumper deserting him this team doesn't have anywhere near enough shooting. 

At this point I'd welcome a trade of some kind to add a different dynamic to this team.

I think these games have been  a great humbling experience for the players and also Weltman. Our FO wanted to see the limitations of this squad, and it’s showing. 

We can’t fully internally grow. We gonna need that next trade to get us over the hump. 

OG, D. Mitchell are probably the two players that are most realistic to make a big trade for. Also i’m still not opposed to Lavine. He’s had terrible coaching throughout his career. I think he’ll be a great teammate and contribute in a positive way! I kinda see how D.Booker changed his game with good coaching and i think they both have similar personalities from looking from the outside. The money though.. ouch.. 

Markkanen would be interesting, but he’ll be way too expensive via trade. Utah is about to rob somebody again.

10 hours ago, Jtsaints said:

What would it take us to get donavon Mitchell? And would u be willing to do it

The asking price would be too high. I think they'd ask for Suggs, and Donovan probably wouldn't re-sign with us.

Bill Simmons suggested Dejounte Murray and I think he'd be a great fit while not going away from the defensive mentality completely. His 3 pt shot is looking great this season

I wouldn't do any trade that moved Paolo, Franz or Suggs. Those guys are our core

16 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The asking price would be too high. I think they'd ask for Suggs, and Donovan probably wouldn't re-sign with us.

Bill Simmons suggested Dejounte Murray and I think he'd be a great fit while not going away from the defensive mentality completely. His 3 pt shot is looking great this season

I wouldn't do any trade that moved Paolo, Franz or Suggs. Those guys are our core

I'm a pass on Murray. Dude is kind of a clown.

https://pitboss.bleacherreport.com/api/polls/99676fbf-2040-4f51-9562-34837563214b

Lol Lol …I was gonna post this just the other day but I thought naw those guys aren’t interested or don’t think it’s feasible …I’m telling you Portland fans don’t think Simons numbers are equivalent to winning …they are willing to trade him and most want to to open up playing time for Scoot and Sharpe …at the same time I’m watching us play and visualizing Simons at the point and thinking WOW !

Anyway, click the link and listen to the trade proposal Portland fans are cooking up with Orlando 

PS: not sure the link works but the trade was Simons for Issac, Jett Howard and two future first round draft picks 

PS: they all liked the trade but the Orlando guy said he didn’t wanna give up on AB yet or Jett Howard …Orlando guy were having crazy fantasy about how Simons would open up the Magic offense 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

If Atlanta are blowing it up i want Trae Young and AJ Griffin nobody else 

AJ Griffin? Atlanta are literally desperate for impact on the wing and he still racks up DNP-CDs. 

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

AJ Griffin? Atlanta are literally desperate for impact on the wing and he still racks up DNP-CDs. 

he is a very good shooter. Needs a change of scenery. Opportunity is everything 

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

he is a very good shooter. Needs a change of scenery. Opportunity is everything 

Is he better than Houstan? 

EDIT: to rephrase, is he worth giving up assets better than Houstan?

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Is he better than Houstan? 

EDIT: to rephrase, is he worth giving up assets better than Houstan?

i would say so myself but all depends on what. lemme get back to you with a offer id do

Let's not forget that sometimes the tree (coach and staff) has to be shaken too. Their strategy is not working anymore....tempo was too slow and  passive last night, they play like this some games and it simply doesn't work.

Personnel adjustments to tonight's game? Absolutely, IMO. Markelle has been ruled out already, so start Cole instead of slow and  passive AB (nice player though) and give that guy #7, Kevon Harris and opportunity now that he is back healthy.

We need to reinsert Goga back into the starting lineup and find a PG who can hit three’s and relieve some pressure off of Paolo/Franz.