Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

8 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

looking back, drafting at 15 i wanted Maxey.. I was hoping for Maxey all time.. Then on draft day, Cole Anthony slipped and i was yelling Cole, Cole, Cole…

I compared him to Kemba Walker back then lol.Always got to reach for the big names.. 

We desperately needed a PG back then so the choice was clear.. But looking back it would be a tough question honestly who the Magic would draft. 

Cole or Maxey? 

Although Maxey is the better player, i’d probably keep Anthony. He’s kind of a big part of our special chemistry in the locker room. Especially since he adjusted and embraces his role

Yeap, Tyrese Maxey would have been a magnificent selection too !!!

17 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree with you on Goga being the starter for the season.  Goga has much better length than WCJ. Carter isn’t much taller than Paolo.  The thing about WCJ is he was our best defender last year. He’s too good to just play 15-20 minutes a night. I’m not sure how Mosley uses him now. If Isaac misses time he can get those minutes but hopefully JI stays healthy. 

Mosley has some things to think about with Fultz and Carter Jr.  We can’t mess with the chemistry this team has right now. 

I agree with you on the comparisons of Goga and WCJ's length. I had been thinking the same thing. Goga's length gives him the advantage in protecting the rim when it comes to guarding the taller centers on other teams.

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree with you on the comparisons of Goga and WCJ's length. I had been thinking the same thing. Goga's length gives him the advantage in protecting the rim when it comes to guarding the taller centers on other teams.

They both are very nice players. It all depends on matchups. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I hope we get Wendell for our match versus the Heat. That Adebayo guy is very physical and crafty. I want Wendell ready for this home game...it is on Dec 20.

4 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

I hope we get Wendell for our match versus the Heat. That Adebayo guy is very physical and crafty. I want Wendell ready for this home game...it is on Dec 20.

I think Goga would do well against Bam. Goga's game kinda reminds me of the Polish Hammer's game.

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree they are both very nice players, and it depends on matchups,  but the issue is [for me] who should be the starting center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams always designate the same 5 starters for all games at the beginning of the season except: 1) a starter is injured, or ) a starter gets benched after poor performance over a period of time.

I've never seen a team alternating a starter from one game to another.. For example: Let's say WCJ comes off injury and returns as the starting center. His first game back is against the Miami Heat and the Heat's center is Bam Adebayo or the Warriors and the starting center is Kevon Looney. WCJ could match up well against Bam and Looney, but if the next game is against the Lakers (A. Davis/Center) or the Timberwolves (K-A Towns/Center), do you think Mosely would start Goga against the Lakers or  Timberwolves because he matches up better against their centers? (This question is for anybody)

I'm just saying I thought that a player who is designated as a starter for a specific position to begin the season does not change from game to game unless the need to make a change is beyond questioning.

So, my concern is, since Goga started the season as the center, and has done an outstanding job in helping the Magic get off to a good lead each game except the one against the Wizards (btw, the entire team under-performed), what happens to the chemistry when WCJ returns to the starting position? Also, I hope Mosely don't randomly--game to game--switch starters at the center position. My 2nd favorite team (Warriors) is a mess right now with their rotations.

I know--I just wrote a short novel.  

QMUC6j.jpg

There are very few matchups where Goga is the better option over Wendell. Wendell is being underrated massively by Magic fans everywhere on a count of having a slow start to the season followed by the injury. 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

There are very few matchups where Goga is the better option over Wendell. Wendell is being underrated massively by Magic fans everywhere on a count of having a slow start to the season followed by the injury. 

Very few, very few? . . .We shall see CT

R1o1Ww.jpg         i6pK9W.jpg

19 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Very few, very few? . . .We shall see CT

R1o1Ww.jpg         i6pK9W.jpg

Statistically Wendell has been one of the best defenders of both Jokic and Embiid in seasons gone by. Literally the two best players at the position, one of whom is the best player on the planet. 

What other matchups do you want to talk about? 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

this

48 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Statistically Wendell has been one of the best defenders of both Jokic and Embiid in seasons gone by. Literally the two best players at the position, one of whom is the best player on the planet. 

What other matchups do you want to talk about? 

Okay, I've got to wait and see after the next few games. I see Wendell is still out.