Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

38 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ingles can't play the 2 and Isaac shouldn't be playing the 3. That's what I mean though there's no easy situation. I dunno if you just play Goga and Mo Wagner more on individual nights based on matchups.

i actually like M. Wagner on the field with Isaac. That’s a nice tandem. Isaac covers up some of M. Wagners defensive liability and finally M. Wagner is doing what i was telling people on a different fan page two years ago. He stopped settling for threes and plays more in the paint! Finally he’s doing it. And he’s having his best season so far.

Ingles can’t play SG. I just hope we let AB gets Ingles minutes (when Fultz is healthy) as Ingles was used as playmaker more than shooter. 

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Also was out there getting buckets. I’m sure he will still have some stinkers this year but to me he has already this season had more nights showing he is a legit starter. 

While I’m a big fan of Fultz and was hoping for AB in the draft, I actually think if we were to try and make a big swing trade it should be for a PG shooter. A Darius Garland type, tho he would be impossible to get 

I don’t see a realistic and perfect trade target for us right now. 
We ain’t getting that All Star type player back. 
Also not getting next tier like Simons.

So maybe we settle for someone like Cam Thomas. He could be a nice fit for us. Is it realistic? i don’t know.. 

We could swing for J. Poole if the Wizards decide to move him, because he’s not a number 1 option. I wouldn’t mind him as i believe our coach would actually get him to buy in and let his ego go away

I was pro Jordan Poole previously, but after the last couple years I'm all the way out. 

Plus, the way this team plays defense I only want to add guys who want to get after it on D unless they're legit stars. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

4-2 needs to be the goal. Anything less shouldn’t be the standard for a playoff team on a home stand. 

Want to speak that into existence. That Denver game with Murray most likely back is tough tough. 

It's a back-to-back for us....not for Denver but we are home and we can take them, no matter what. This team is deep !!!

Monday - Denver @ Detroit

Tuesday - Toronto @ Magic

Wednesday - Denver @ Magic

48 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

So maybe we settle for someone like Cam Thomas. He could be a nice fit for us. Is it realistic? i don’t know.. 

We could swing for J. Poole if the Wizards decide to move him, because he’s not a number 1 option. I wouldn’t mind him as i believe our coach would actually get him to buy in and let his ego go away

Yeah I don’t know that there is an exact fit out there who could become available who would fit into the starting lineup

Some absolutely weird stats from the latest NBA.com power rankings:

• The Magic’s half-to-half differential remains amazing. They’ve lost their last four second halves by a total of 69 points. But they had halftime leads of 17, 15 and 34 over the last three games. For the season, they’ve been an incredible 39.2 points per 100 possessions better in the first halves of games (plus-22.0 per 100, best by a wide margin) than they’ve been in second halves (minus-17.2 per 100, second worst).

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Some absolutely weird stats from the latest NBA.com power rankings:

• The Magic’s half-to-half differential remains amazing. They’ve lost their last four second halves by a total of 69 points. But they had halftime leads of 17, 15 and 34 over the last three games. For the season, they’ve been an incredible 39.2 points per 100 possessions better in the first halves of games (plus-22.0 per 100, best by a wide margin) than they’ve been in second halves (minus-17.2 per 100, second worst).

i don’t know what the exact reason is. For me watching these games, it’s always about rotations, letting the bench unit out there too long, not reading the game right and also a big question mark is when and how we use timeouts. We let teams come back into the game and get into rhythm too often, and then when it’s late we call time out. 

That’s on coach. 

I also noticed that our young players tend to get nervous and force actions too much. We then turn the ball over too much. We settle for bad threes and hero ball play. 

That’s on the players.

So the coach apparently has a great game plan, but we struggle to adjust to live actions? At least that’s what i’m seeing

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

We could get an all-star if we were willing to include Wendell in the trade package 

19 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

4-2 needs to be the goal. Anything less shouldn’t be the standard for a playoff team on a home stand. 

Want to speak that into existence. That Denver game with Murray most likely back is tough tough. 

It's a back-to-back for us....not for Denver but we are home and we can take them, no matter what. This team is deep !!!

Monday - Denver @ Detroit

Tuesday - Toronto @ Magic

Wednesday - Denver @ Magic

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Markelle out AGAIN tonight.....this one will be his 6th straight game not playing. Something got to be really wrong.

It’s starting to become worrisome given his history. At least we didn’t fall apart without him this year.