Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

55 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Chicago again favored by 2 against us in this second game of two in a row in Chicago.

It makes sense given they seemed to figure out how to defend us in the second half of the first game which was so close.

Saying that we won by 2 after a huge collapse and didn't get great games from either Franz or Paolo.

I'd be a little surprised if this game is as close as the last, just which way it goes I'm not sure about. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It makes sense given they seemed to figure out how to defend us in the second half of the first game which was so close.

Saying that we won by 2 after a huge collapse and didn't get great games from either Franz or Paolo.

I'd be a little surprised if this game is as close as the last, just which way it goes I'm not sure about. 

That’s reasonable.  I don’t have a specific take myself, was just reporting the betting line for discussion.  

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Can’t forget Derozan was out the last time we played them. He has always been a Magic killer and if he plays tonight I don’t like our chances honestly. 

1 minute ago, OnlyFranz said:

Can’t forget Derozan was out the last time we played them. He has always been a Magic killer and if he plays tonight I don’t like our chances honestly. 

He's questionable for tonight apparently. 

That could be interesting       I just wish Markelle was back   but then

there would probably be no jet minutes, cause AB would be off the bench

I am getting very confused/frustrated

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's questionable for tonight apparently. 

Right he was out last game due to personal reasons so not due to injury and it was reported earlier this week that he would be rejoining the team today. Either way we can’t play sloppy basketball and go on these 2nd half scoring droughts especially if Derozan is a go tonight. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Right he was out last game due to personal reasons so not due to injury and it was reported earlier this week that he would be rejoining the team today. Either way we can’t play sloppy basketball and go on these 2nd half scoring droughts especially if Derozan is a go tonight. 

Totally.  It looks like a team thing, we stop moving the ball and players stop moving, it’s like everyone is waiting for someone else to do something.  This is especially a problem at the end of games or other pressure situations.  

16 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Totally.  It looks like a team thing, we stop moving the ball and players stop moving, it’s like everyone is waiting for someone else to do something.  This is especially a problem at the end of games or other pressure situations.  

Didn’t Markelle say that the coach doesn’t draw up plays, he just lets them play. If so, this may be why the team looks lost out there without a rudder. 

is Jett actually gonna get meaningful minutes? If not, then WTF !!!