Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Paolo have to drive to the rack with conviction of making the shot instead of just foul baiting. Ref today forgot hoe to blow their whistles on any magic drive while luka is having a field day. not saying it is the sole reason for us losing this but plays a big role. That TO converted on a luka 3 in the 3rd period was clearly touching luka's hand, and it was the one which made the big run for them. we were up by 12 by that time and everything went downhill

56 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

https://x.com/DertTheSequel/status/1721718915041009711?s=20
Link talking about Suggs …we all just except this now cause of what he does defensively …but combined with AB in the backcourt this does not help our offense 

Suggs and AB starting together is just comical. Might be the worst shot creating back court to ever start. 

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Suggs and AB starting together is just comical. Might be the worst shot creating back court to ever start. 

Yeah, but I'm more concern with Suggs, though. It's year 3 and we haven't seen no improvement on the offensive end. I never really watched him at Gonzaga, outside of the National Championship. I just brought in to the hype from all the draftniks, and boy were they wrong. The kid is the SG version of Isaac Okoro. Hopefully, he can turn it around, but like I said, it's year 3, so this might just be who he is. At this point, we're lucky if he turns into Marcus Smart. 

As for Black, the kid has a natural feel for the game. Extremely raw, but has loads of potential. He seems to make the right play all the time. Needs to work on his shot and tighten up his ball handling, though. 

Suggs offensive game has been the biggest disappointment so far this season. I never seen a guard get his pocket picked in open court more than him. The game just hasn't slowed down for him, and it's year 3 and that's a problem.

Scott Foster's officiating is ludicrous. 

Please trade for some shooting. The floor spacing is stupid. 

Ball movement in the second half was criminal. 

Houstan over Howard? Why the ***** you use a lottery pick on him then? 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Scott Foster's officiating is ludicrous. 

Please trade for some shooting. The floor spacing is stupid. 

Ball movement in the second half was criminal. 

Houstan over Howard? Why the ***** you use a lottery pick on him then? 

CT for the Win!!  I fully agree with this post. Here is my answer. 
1. NBA is WWE lite 

2. bad mngt that thinks defense beats offense. Go ask Gary Payton “the glove” when he played Jordan. 
3.bad coaching

4. see answer above. 

Coaching is really a problem. Even though we have won 4 games already…

also it is time to get a solid scoring guard.

I'm not nearly as down on Joe Ingles as the rest of the Magic fandom seems to be. He's offering us more than shooting. His passing is actually really important. Yesterday when we were on a real cold streak he came off the bench and assisted Mo Wagner on back to back possessions. That's great. There've been numerous quotes already about his veteran leadership too.

But last season he shot 4 attempts a game from 3, this year he's at like 2. Just shoot the ball. I don't care how old you are. I don't care that they're not going in early in the season. If you're open, shoot it. You're a career 40% shooter on nearly 3k attempts. Just *****ing shoot. 

Obviously everything is small sample size this early on but lineups that contain both Ingles and Paolo have a 120 ORTG in 49 minutes this season. Let's see some more of that.

I'd like to see some (when everyone's healthy) Cole/Harris/Franz/Ingles/Paolo lineups honestly. Just Paolo, Franz and good spacing. What was the point in Paolo going to team USA and playing some small ball 5 and us not using that to our advantage at any point? 

• Like 1

Real Jekyll and Hyde performance last night between the two halves.  Doubly disappointing that we wilted so badly in the second half when the Mavs were the road team on the second night of a back to back and we were at home and rested.  

As for Ingles, reason he isn’t shooting more is that he’s mostly not open.  Our spacing (or lack thereof) is a problem for him.  Completely agree that he brings a lot else to the table, though.  

• Like 1