Suggs, Carter, Cole, Black, Jett

Maybe but probably not

Moe, Caleb, Ingles, Goga

On the block

Fultz, Harris, Okeke

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Last Week:17

Record: 23-20

OffRtg: 112.3 (24) DefRtg: 111.2 (5) NetRtg:+1.1 (13) Pace: 98.9 (19)

The Magic are just 7-13 (10th in the East) since mid-December, but some of their issues have been injury-related. They’re now healthy again and they got two big wins over the Knicks and Heat last week.

Three takeaways

• The Magic haven’t been much of a comeback team. Before last week, they were just 3-18 (fifth worst) in games they trailed by double-digits. But they erased two double-digit deficits in New York last Monday and handed the Knicks their first loss in a game they led after the third quarter. Critical in the comeback was the Magic bench, which ranks fifth in the league and (on that day) included Wendell Carter Jr., who had missed the previous five games.
  • Their game in Atlanta on Wednesday was decided by Dejounte Murray’s buzzer-beating jumper over Markelle Fultz, but just as important were two perimeter (non-shooting) fouls the Magic committed against Trae Young in the final two minutes. The Orlando defense ranks fifth and it could be higher if it didn’t rank 26th in opponent free throw rate (28 attempts per 100 shots from the field). The Magic have five guys (two more than any other team) who’ve played at least 750 minutes and averaged at least 3.5 fouls per 36.
  • A couple of those guys will have their minutes reduced now that others are healthy. Franz Wagner returned from an eight-game absence on Sunday and the Magic went back to their original starting lineup: Fultz, Jalen Suggs, Wagner, Paolo Banchero and Carter. It outscored the Heat by 17 points (holding Miami to just 30 points on 35 possessions) in less than 19 minutes.

With those wins over New York and Miami last week, the eighth-place Magic have the best record (6-3) in games played between the five teams currently seeded 4-8 in the East. That includes a 1-1 mark against the fourth-place Cavs, who’ve won seven straight and who they now trail by five games in the loss column. The home team has won both games, and the third of four meetings are in Orlando on Monday, when Cleveland will have a rest advantage.

Week 14: vs. CLE, @ MEM, vs. PHX

NBA.com sure paints a much rosier picture for us than some of yall 

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2023-24-week-14?lid=7mest308bknw&cid=nba%3Adynpage%3Aown%3Aemail%3Adaily%3Alink%3Aeg%3Anl%3Aeng%3At-crm%3AUS%3Aen%3A20240123:DAILY_NEWSLETTER%3A&lctg=633b282a0715ff25d1d18831

Fwiw this was before last nights game. Also, we’re 9-16 in our last 25. Extrapolate that out over the season it’s about a 30 win pace. I can understand the be patient and develop mentality if we can agree to acknowledge the team has flaws that will probably make them a one and done play-in team if we stand pat and try to improve the roster in the off-season.

12 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

His extension means his outgoing value is about $12M, but you only get about $5.5M In matching incoming 

Cole not going anywhere for now.. PROBABLY LOL.. never know tho

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The same thing for what feels like 10 years. A guard that can shoot really well, including the free throw line haha.

Same for you brother

hahaha ideally who brother 

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Untouchables 

Paolo and Franz

Doubtful 

Suggs, Carter, Cole, Black, Jett

Maybe but probably not

Moe, Caleb, Ingles, Goga

On the block

Fultz, Harris, Okeke

Here's what I believe:

Untouchables 

Paolo and Franz

Doubtful 

Suggs... then Carter, Black, Moe, Joe

Maybe but probably not

Jett, Cole, JI, Caleb, Goga

On the block

Fultz, Harris, Okeke

It's an interesting exercise, as I believe Moe and Joe provide intangible chemistry pieces, especially for Franz. Furthermore, I wonder if Atlanta is demanding Suggs in any Murray trade.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here's what I believe:

Untouchables 

Paolo and Franz

Doubtful 

Suggs... then Carter, Black, Moe, Joe

Maybe but probably not

Jett, Cole, JI, Caleb, Goga

On the block

Fultz, Harris, Okeke

It's an interesting exercise, as I believe Moe and Joe provide intangible chemistry pieces, especially for Franz. Furthermore, I wonder if Atlanta is demanding Suggs in any Murray trade.

Yeah, I moved Moe and Joe around a couple of times, and I agree with you about their chemistry. Moe especially might be an untouchable just because of Franz.

Also, realizing I forgot JI in my original post, but I’d slide him in as doubtful as well because he’s more valuable to us when he plays than anyone would trade us for him.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fwiw this was before last nights game. Also, we’re 9-16 in our last 25. Extrapolate that out over the season it’s about a 30 win pace. I can understand the be patient and develop mentality if we can agree to acknowledge the team has flaws that will probably make them a one and done play-in team if we stand pat and try to improve the roster in the off-season.

I’m assuming you didn’t read the whole take cause it stated that about the Cavs game …also that they had the advantage because we were on a back to back …every team has flaws to some degree …we just had wins over two teams above us in the standings …you, me or anybody else has any idea how this team fully healthy will do in the playoffs …man you guys gotta be patient let the thing play out …if we suck these next games before the deadline it will force management hands …you guys that are so adamant about trading my suggestion is you’ll just have to pull for the team to lose 

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I’m assuming you didn’t read the whole take cause it stated that about the Cavs game …also that they had the advantage because we were on a back to back …every team has flaws to some degree …we just had wins over two teams above us in the standings …you, me or anybody else has any idea how this team fully healthy will do in the playoffs …man you guys gotta be patient let the thing play out …if we suck these next games before the deadline it will force management hands …you guys that are so adamant about trading my suggestion is you’ll just have to pull for the team to lose 

some people on this forum seem like they prefer if we was to be constantly losers.. 

They know who they are too

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Your being very patient and reasonable. I just don’t want to miss The Play Offs all together. That would be a disaster to me. We all know this teams flaws and have for a long time. I would hate to wait too long on a trade and keep sliding down the standings.  I won’t root for losses though to change the front offices minds. It seems like a lot of teams in our weight class have made big trades recently and that is frustrating to everyone.  If anything happens it will probably be on Deadline Day.

I love all the posts this week. Usually at this time every year it's about trading away players for draft picks and getting ready to watch tankathon.

So we had two years we were trying to make the playoffs and one year we actually sold low on some players(except Vooch, stupid bulls!).

This is way better, unless we don't make a move.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

The only blurb about the Cavs game from nba.com is all pre-game notes before the game happened. I’m talking about the drubbing we took last night in the actual game.

Our ceiling is limited with our current roster and we have a 21 year old and 22 year old that both project to be superstars. The moves should be to put pieces around them to maximize their talents. There’s not a move out there that’s gonna make us an ECF team this year, but we can lay the foundation for things to come and even get a head start with some postseason experience this year. The sky isn’t falling by any means, but if your argument for not making a move this year is “we’re great when we’re healthy” your ignoring the fact that the same few players that maximize our ceiling have been hurt for the better part of the season for years now.

I also believe more in trading for talent in the current landscape of the nba over relying on free agency as a small market team.