Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tyus Jones so good the team he starts at PG for has won 5 games all year. 

It’s because they are relying on  Poole and Kuzma to win them games. Funny you try to blame their losses on Jones lol. I don’t even necessarily want Jones but he’s better at running point than any player we currently have on our roster with Markelle being the one exception. Too bad he’s always injured or we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. You’re missing the point entirely but it’s ok.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

It’s because they are relying on  Poole and Kuzma to win them games. 

So a starting PG has no impact on how a team plays? 

Then why do we need to replace ours? 

I'm not missing any of your points. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

So a starting PG has no impact on how a team plays? 

Then why do we need to replace ours? 

I'm not missing any of your points. 

There you go again assuming and implying I said something I didn’t. It’s ok if you don’t understand my point can’t win em all. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tyus Jones so good the team he starts at PG for has won 5 games all year. 

Jones was rock solid both ways for a successful Memphis team the last two years. I’ve personally always thought he was underrated. If we believe Kelle isn’t coming back soon, it would be a set back not to make a move.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

“They’re very beatable but they play hard.. I think their hard play is what separates them. They don’t have no elite shot-making, just Gary Harris but their hard play makes them so elite” said Buddy Hield who went on to credit #Magic HC Jamahl Mosley for the teams overall success

Is this a compliment ?

LOL, I don't think so.  But it is a pretty well hidden slap in the face.

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

LOL, I don't think so.  But it is a pretty well hidden slap in the face.

He ain’t wrong though. And it shows.. We are successful because we play hard every night and we are deep.. 

None of our players are elite shot makers. Not Paolo, not Franz. But they get to the rim consistently and with ease.. 

Paolo has become a decent spot up shooter, but he won’t make movement 3s, which is totally fine.. 

The question for me. Do we need to go out and get that elite shooter? 

I’d say we need an elite movement shooter (Kispert imo) and i’d rock our identity and add another two way star like OG.. 

Buddy Hield ought to ask himself why his team haven't beaten our "very beatable" team when we've come into their arena twice...

And also why his team simply doesn't play as hard as we do? "You won because you played harder" is the biggest self own I see used in sport all the time. You're supposed to play hard. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Buddy Hield ought to ask himself why his team haven't beaten our "very beatable" team when we've come into their arena twice...

And also why his team simply doesn't play as hard as we do? "You won because you played harder" is the biggest self own I see used in sport all the time. You're supposed to play hard. 

i think the quote is out of context.. He didn’t say that to dis us.. I believe he said that to praise what we do. 

starts at 10:32 min mark… 

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

i think the quote is out of context.. He didn’t say that to dis us.. I believe he said that to praise what we do. 

starts at 10:32 min mark… 

I dunno.  Maybe he didn’t intend it, but the implication of those remarks is that Indiana is the better team but just couldn’t be bothered to turn it on against the Magic.  Sounds like making excuses to me.  If they’re really the better team they need to prove it by beating us and so far they’ve done just the opposite - on their home court.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I dunno.  Maybe he didn’t intend it, but the implication of those remarks is that Indiana is the better team but just couldn’t be bothered to turn it on against the Magic.  Sounds like making excuses to me.  If they’re really the better team they need to prove it by beating us and so far they’ve done just the opposite - on their home court.  

I actually don’t think he intended to do so.. He actually called us elite in a way. I hear a lot of respect in that presser and i hear that he actually wants the Pacers to learn from this. 

Hes talking truth here. We don’t have elite shooters. 

I mean i wouldn’t agree with him when he said Harris is or only great shooter. But i can’t say he’s wrong either..

• Upvote 1