Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The Embiid news of another meniscus tear is really tough news for that team. Given his injury history and body, I don’t see him coming back for a long while… meaning that team is about to drop in the standings 

Bamba time. Lol 

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Masterclass deadline from Jeff and co incoming?? what your feelings peeps

Starting to get the feeling that we’re not gonna do anything, but I’m sure that’ll change about 100 more times in the next 3 days

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Masterclass deadline from Jeff and co incoming?? what your feelings peeps

I have no doubt that we have made offers and I have faith that if nothing comes from them then we avoided being fleeced. We don't need any rookies for a while, we've got expiring contracts, and a few healthy players that don't hurt us to let go. I have faith that the organization will do the best it can, even if it's nothing.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Latest rumors are we have zero interest in offense only players, writer with yahoo specifically named Huerter as someone who we have no interest in. The only real two-way player we’ve talked about over the past few weeks is Dejounte 

Has anyone brought up Huerter anyway? Plus he's not really one way is he? That's random. 

On the Kings I was thinking Chris Duarte might be an easy buy low candidate. We could literally absorb his salary straight up so if he was available because Sac had a roster crunch after another move (or they just wanted to get off the $4m next season) I'd throw a random (probably bad) second their way to have a look at him. Think he's a better shooter than the numbers show. It's not flashy or exciting but it's the kind of low risk punt I can see Weltman actually going for if nothing else happens (sort of like the James Ennis trade).

Tonight feels must win to me. Last game of the road trip, 3 game winning streak, a win puts us 2 games over the Heat and a little bit of a cushion in the 7 spot versus being 8th and 3 or 4 games up of 9 (depending on if the Bulls win tonight). 

38 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tonight feels must win to me. Last game of the road trip, 3 game winning streak, a win puts us 2 games over the Heat and a little bit of a cushion in the 7 spot versus being 8th and 3 or 4 games up of 9 (depending on if the Bulls win tonight). 

I agree   to me this game will say alot about our team   can we rise to the occasion? Can we handle the pressure that I am sure the guys will be feeling?  Is this rotation of fultz as a starter but not as a closer working? Can the death line up be beaten once folks know that is what we are doing?   And what about Cole?    And what about Gary Harris?   I think, like you, that this is a very important game.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also it’s huge for the tiebreaker, we lose tonight, we lose the season series 1-3 and Miami owns the tiebreaker with us if we wind up tied