Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Patty Mills to Miami. Not a big deal, but it’s so tiring that all of the free agents go to like one of 5 spots. It’s what makes me nervous about relying on cap space as a way of improving our team in the off-season.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

https://x.com/betsycashmoney/status/1765036270906962238?s=46&t=O_48d3F9zIM7WbaIMp7sdQ

The 2021 trade deadline changed everything. I see a lot of nostalgics on Twitter wanting Vooch and Evan back, and I’ll never understand why.

I wanted the Vuch-Fournier out a lot before they were traded, but I'm still a little nostalgic about Aaron.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH6z375W0AAAles?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I wanted the Vuch-Fournier out a lot before they were traded, but I'm still a little nostalgic about Aaron.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH6z375W0AAAles?format=jpg&name=medium

I miss Aaron quite a bit, and I love who he’s become as a ball player in Denver, but part of the jump in DARKO is he’s literally the perfect complimentary player to one of the best players in NBA history.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I miss Aaron quite a bit, and I love who he’s become as a ball player in Denver, but part of the jump in DARKO is he’s literally the perfect complimentary player to one of the best players in NBA history.

I honestly don't even know how that DARKO system works, I only know Darko Milicic! :P

I've just posted the same graph that was used for Vuch, and even if I agree that Aaron fits perfectly in Denver and that helps, I was sure he had another gear and he wasn't properly used in his time in Orlando. Would have liked to keep him a little more, when the rebuild button was pushed (too late). Was still young and potentially a fit in the new project too.

13 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I honestly don't even know how that DARKO system works, I only know Darko Milicic! :P

I've just posted the same graph that was used for Vuch, and even if I agree that Aaron fits perfectly in Denver and that helps, I was sure he had another gear and he wasn't properly used in his time in Orlando. Would have liked to keep him a little more, when the rebuild button was pushed (too late). Was still young and potentially a fit in the new project too.

He wasn't used properly because he's a 4th option, off ball offensive player but, by virtue of being a top 2 player in terms of talent on the team, he was forced into a role beyond his means. 

He also asked to be traded. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He wasn't used properly because he's a 4th option, off ball offensive player but, by virtue of being a top 2 player in terms of talent on the team, he was forced into a role beyond his means. 

He also asked to be traded. 

In his situation at the time, I would have asked too probably.

And yes, that was the point, he embraced being the 4th option in a great team and has grown a lot into that role, wasn't probably as happy to be whatever option he was in a disfunctional team behind the Vuch&Evan show. That was my regret, being traded at the same deadline, he actually played all of his Magic career in that bad environment. We were unable to maximize his strenghts: when Isaac was still fully healthy, I remember we didn't even tried to use them together at 4&5... when the rest of the league was crazy for GS Death Lineup.

He was the only one of the three players traded ready to shine and win. (I actually was really proud of him when Denver won the title) The other two weren't unable to even make better their average teams by any mean. Gordon has been a key piece, a missing link in a great team.