Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Dallas is a serious team. They made some underrated great additions and imo they are favorites right now.. 

Gafford is going to be a beast on those lobs with Luka and PJ Washington is just an overall good player that they need. Washington would have been great for us as well. 

Those were two terrific additions. The NBA, and the West in particular, is stacked

I watched Bos vs Miami and SAC vs OKC..

The NBA has an officiating problem. The Boston game was basically a physical playoff game. A lot of uncalled contact. 

Yeah and in OKC you can’t touch anybody lol

In that last minute of the third quarter alone, SGA travelled on a layup, fouled Len on the shoulder (no call) and then got soft touch foul called. NBA is not fun like this

Oh yeah, we need to go after Monk really hard in FA!!!

22 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That was a phenomenal Super Bowl

it was incredibly boring but Final Quarter plus OT were stellar. As soon as SF chose to receive, I said, "You're telling me you want Patrick Mahomes to know what he has to do to win the game based on what you get done?" I knew if they didn't get a TD on that drive it was going to be over (and it was). I have hated on Mahomes but the guy is one of the most clutch QB's of all time along with Brady. It's pretty incredible to watch time and time again. 

• Like 1

Also watching the ceremony i definitely do not agree with Shaq being the greatest Magic player ever

To me thats unequivocally Dwight Howard without a doubt!

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Also watching the ceremony i definitely do not agree with Shaq being the greatest Magic player ever

Lol must have been too young to watch them play. Shaq is a top 15 player all time. Dwight is a top 100 player. Shaq owns Dwight in every way.  Also no sexual assault.

Imagine retiring Dwights jersey with all of his shenanigans the last few years.  

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

It’s all about how you look at it. Dwight had the better Magic career, Shaq the much better “full” career. Frankly, I wouldn’t retire either of their jerseys based on what they did here in Orlando.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

It’s all about how you look at it. Dwight had the better Magic career, Shaq the much better “full” career. Frankly, I wouldn’t retire either of their jerseys based on what they did here in Orlando.

This^

23 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I agree with this. I always admired the Magic's stance on only retiring players who won a championship. Personally think Shaq politicked his way into getting a retirement and since he has we should also retire Dwight Howard's #12 because if Shaq deserves it so does Dwight. But stop there. Until we do Paolo/Franz for the championship(s) they bring us lol

After watching the Franz video above and being remembered of who Franz always reminded me of (tall version of Ginobili) and also the discussion about shooting and whatnot really had me thinking.. 

It’s been a real issue (even against depleted NYK) that Paolo and Franz turn the ball over way too much as ball handlers! No shade on them, as they are learning to be ball handlers, rather than being natural playmakers and ball handlers. So it’s not even their fault. It’s an issue though, that is not going away. 

Problem is that Fultz unfortunately has lost his ability to shoot anywhere outside of the paint. It really hurts me, but also makes it difficult for him as a starter. 

I was really intrigued by the idea of copying the Spurs era with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. I think we really have a chance to pull that off. We need that playmaking PG though. I really hope Trae Young hits the market and we can roll with Trae, Franz and Banchero! 

Trae and Darius Garland have skyrocketed my priority targets!