Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Jett not playing for the Magic this year is tragic. 

Wasn’t Trevelin Queen the G League MVP recently?  Unfortunately you just can’t reliably extrapolate performances in that league to the NBA.  

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Jett not playing for the Magic this year is tragic. 

I think he may do so. But after the all-star break

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Wasn’t Trevelin Queen the G League MVP recently?  Unfortunately you just can’t reliably extrapolate performances in that league to the NBA.  

We didn’t pick queen with the 11th pick in the draft. Extrapolate that. 

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Your optimism has no limits.   

Jett fits seamlessly for me...

But we will see. I like to manifest certain things yes hahahaha

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We didn’t pick queen with the 11th pick in the draft. Extrapolate that. 

It’s not relevant to what I said.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/worst-plus-minus-orlando-magic-players

If you’re a believer in plus minus it’s very interesting who’s at the top of this list …these are season totals …of course if you watch the team no surprise who’s the best …it goes from the top the worst on the team to the bottom whom are the best 

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/worst-plus-minus-orlando-magic-players

If you’re a believer in plus minus it’s very interesting who’s at the top of this list …these are season totals …of course if you watch the team no surprise who’s the best …it goes from the top the worst on the team to the bottom whom are the best 

If you could excuse my ignorance, but is +/- normalized like per x-minutes or something?  Because otherwise it makes sense that JI has such good numbers, as he's hardly played.

49 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

If you could excuse my ignorance, but is +/- normalized like per x-minutes or something?  Because otherwise it makes sense that JI has such good numbers, as he's hardly played.

Not ignorant at all …good question …and agree with you in that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist if you watch the Magic to know what player makes the greatest impact …and it’s not close re JI …my understanding of plus minus is that when a player, any player is on the court it takes into account of whether the entire team out scores the opponent or the opponent outscores in this case the Magic .

What is mind boggling to me is the names at the top …not AB mind you …but Suggs decisively at the top and Banchero solidly in second .

It also lists games played, minutes per game etc etc …was reading a few days ago on another site talking about the Magic numbers when Banchero was on the court but I just kinda glossed over it …this little nugget got my attention .

19 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Not ignorant at all …good question …and agree with you in that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist if you watch the Magic to know what player makes the greatest impact …and it’s not close re JI …my understanding of plus minus is that when a player, any player is on the court it takes into account of whether the entire team out scores the opponent or the opponent outscores in this case the Magic .

What is mind boggling to me is the names at the top …not AB mind you …but Suggs decisively at the top and Banchero solidly in second .

It also lists games played, minutes per game etc etc …was reading a few days ago on another site talking about the Magic numbers when Banchero was on the court but I just kinda glossed over it …this little nugget got my attention .

I think you missed Crazy's question. No, this stat does not take into account minutes played or the context of those minutes. Thus, while JI has been a huge difference maker in the minutes/games he's played, he's played far fewer minutes/games than the other regulars. Additionally, he's played a lot of those minutes against backups off the bench. As to the games moving forward, I think it's a no brainer to start him like the last game. That lineup, assuming JI can stay healthy, is incredible.

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think you missed Crazy's question. No, this stat does not take into account minutes played or the context of those minutes. Thus, while JI has been a huge difference maker in the minutes/games he's played, he's played far fewer minutes/games than the other regulars. Additionally, he's played a lot of those minutes against backups off the bench. As to the games moving forward, I think it's a no brainer to start him like the last game. That lineup, assuming JI can stay healthy, is incredible.

All that data is listed …but the plus minus is only for the time you’re on the court that is correct, be it a lot of minutes or not so many …still doesn’t change the numbers …it counts how the team does when x player is on the court be it scoring more or less than your opponent  …now if you wanna say he played against backups go for for it …but I think we all know with JI does not matter lol …we all saw what he did to Durant and Doncic on back to back nights the last two nights