Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

While we're at it Anthony Black is also a better shooter as a rookie than MCW or Shaun Livingston ever were. 

EDIT: Add Elfrid Payton to that list too if you want.

Why’d you have to bring up Payton?!? Not cool. I’ve tried to move on. Lol

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Why’d you have to bring up Payton?!? Not cool. I’ve tried to move on. Lol

It's just another one of those names people feel they need to bring up to compare to AB lol

My opinion is that every year we get excited and every year we don't do anything but sell players for 2nd round picks.

But actually, taking a look at Our history at the deadline, I'm actually wrong. Under Weltman since 2017, we did dump Vuc, Gordon, and Fournier at the deadline, but we've taken swings on Bol Bol, WCJ, and Fultz (and in 2013 we traded for a young Tobias Harris). 

I'm truthfully not getting my hopes up but hey - Weltman is not as anti-trade as I believed him to be. 

I listened to the first 15 minutes …anybody that does listen I’ll caution you it’s like reading my posts lol …they even mentioned the question All Eyes had some pages back about if we make the playin is that a successful season …well done podcast I was impressed …not guys just talking crap 

19 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Cause he’s not guarded …you at least have to guard Fultz or account for him 

I'd happily make a bet that AB is shooting 35/38% from 3 next season. Kid absolutely lives in the gym 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Jalen Suggs was on the Ryen Russillo podcast this week. Giving it a listen now

Really great listen. The Ryen Russillo podcast episode from yesterday. Good convo with Suggs on his defense, the team, Paolo, etc. Def recommend the listen 

41 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd happily make a bet that AB is shooting 35/38% from 3 next season. Kid absolutely lives in the gym 

Remember everyone s***ing on Jalen Suggs for being a bad 3 point shooter in his first year?

If you're an athletic guard, have good mechanics, and a good work ethic, you can figure it out to become at least league average. Give AB a year or two to develop. He has all the intangibles you want in a selfless, do-everything glue guy. 

Jalen had a very good form in his rookie year. He rushed his shots and pretty much everything else on the court. He has gotten more control of his game now. AB is not rushing at all and his form is not good, not saying he won’t get better with hard work, I’m more worried about his handles. 

… More smooth than explosive; not especially quick and doesn’t always separate from defenders off the dribble…

This is my main thing with AB …he’ll never be a great shooter imo …he’s at 35 now we’ll see where he’s at at seasons end …His role now is periodically bring the ball down the court …make one pass and go stand in the corner …I mean if that’s how Mohs wants to use him go for it …teams load up on Banchero and he complains about it …my 2 cents 

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-black/