Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

So u saying AB is Suggs??? 

And that's the holy grail? hahaha behave 

I see things for what they are in my view

you see things in your view..

Saying Ab is Suggs in your view tells me your view on evaluating that situation is completely off course hahahaha

Right now? I see him Suggs like. A defensive minded guard that can make connective passes but needs to work on shot and handles. 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Right now? I see him Suggs like. A defensive minded guard that can make connective passes but needs to work on shot and handles. 

They really aren’t all that alike stylistically. I see Black in the mold of what Shaun Livingstone was on the warriors

4 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

None of us have any idea what offers our very secretive management has put out around the league. They are not dumb, and they see the same weaknesses that we do. For all we know they may have reached out to several teams trying to get us some help.

This is true. A lot of fan frustration comes from the fact that Weltman moves in silence so it's easy to act like he's doing nothing. When he doesn't make a trade, because there aren't loads of rumours around about us, it's easy to say "he didn't even try" which almost certainly isn't true. 

And if he does make a trade it'll come out of nowhere.

And if it isn't a blockbuster trade, people will act like that was a deliberate choice instead of just the best deal for us we could find. 

12 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

hahaha ideally who brother 

Anfernee Simons ticks the most boxes but I’d also take:

star-ish players:

Dejounte Murray, Trae Young, Tyler Herro, Malcolm Brogdon, Tyus Jones, Bojan Bogdanovic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Zach Lavine

role players but great shooters:

Sam Merrill, Alec Burks

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

star-ish players:

Dejounte Murray, Trae Young, Tyler Herro, Malcolm Brogdon, Tyus Jones, Bojan Bogdanovic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Zach Lavine

Wut?

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They were too good for the bottom list. Felt generous so didn’t create a third list in between.

I think "role players but great shooters" fits them way better than "star-ish". 

Though I kind of get not wanting to put them on the same list as Alec Burks lol

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Trade we would like to see: Hield to Orlando for Gary HarrisChuma Okeke and a 2025 second-rounder from Denver (if 6-30).

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39344561/2024-nba-trade-deadline-complete-eastern-conference-preview
Marks posted this under the Pacers page 

Good find Junkie. I like that better than Marks trades for The Magic Section.